• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Thermalright NB-1C with nForce4?

Parabellum

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 4, 2001
Messages
1,895
Hi,

Just wondering if the NB-1C chipset cooler from thermalright fits on nForce4 motherboard?

LMK

Para
 
Either the A8N-E or A8N-SLI Premium, not sure which one at the moment. I don't care about SLI and 1200$ video card setup so I may probably end up choosing the -E. I looking to buy a 7800GTX in mid august.

Para
 
Parabellum said:
Either the A8N-E or A8N-SLI Premium
The Premium doesn't need since the cool on it is already pretty good (and silent) and the A8N-E has enough space around it for a cooler.
 
_Korruption_ said:
The Premium board has decent nF4 chip cooling.

Oh my, I am dumb :eek: yeah, I forgot about the Premium having this spiffy ultra cool fan less design. Well, if I end up choosing the A8N-E I would like to install the NB-1C (if it fits) otherwise, I will keep that very nice touch of the premium.

Para
 
it fit's i've got an a8n sli deluxe and an a8n-e both with nb-1 coolers, they work pretty good, chipset stays around 30 celcius at 310 fsb, my cpu runs at 2.6 over the stock 2.2 3500 venice
 
psychomage343 said:
it fit's i've got an a8n sli deluxe and an a8n-e both with nb-1 coolers, they work pretty good, chipset stays around 30 celcius at 310 fsb, my cpu runs at 2.6 over the stock 2.2 3500 venice
But what video card do you have? Longer cards are known to interfere with the NB-1, let alone something like a Zalman passive heatsink.
 
i've got an his x850 xt pe, it doesn't touch the card, although it gets pretty close about an inch from the bottom corner of the board
 
Really... I thought the NB-1 was way too big for any video card that was moderately powerful. Any pics?
 
Would the heatsink be in the way of dual 6800 Ultra's in said board? My uncle was asking me about chipset cooling because his A8N-SLI DX's fan just died and I recommended the NB-1 to him. He has dual 6800U's though. It would really suck if he bought it and found that it didn't fit. :eek:
 
Back
Top