Thermalright Heatsink Update Jan2004

RBall151

Weaksauce
Hey-
I've got an Asus A7N8X Deluxe with an XP2500 Barton Processor.

I'm looking at either the SLK-800 or the SLK-947u.

Is the SLK-947u the best Thermalright heatsink for my board/processor?

I'm just looking for opinions/advice from owners.

At this point in time I don't have either one of the heatsinks you mentioned, but if I do remember correctly, the SLK-800 will not fit on an A7N8x without bending some of the caps around the socket a good bit. The SLK-947 I don't think has this problem. I believe it also cools a bit better and doesn't really cost that much more. I'm not sure about price since I haven't looked up prices on much of anything lately.

Ok, hmm haven't heard that before. Thanks.

THe cheapest I have found the SLK-947u is for $39.99 Shipped.

The SLK-800 is $32.75 Shipped.

Any others?

What is this new popularity with these new systems by Cooler Master called the Jet 7 ?
http://www.case-mod.com/store/images/jet7_lg.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~
RBall151, welcome to the [H]. But please don't gank images by linking directly to them from someone else's servers. That is bandwidth theft and can get us into hot water here. Host them on your own space or use one of the free image hosting services, ok?

- Lethal

I don't know about that other heatsink you just mentioned, so I have no clue how it works, but it looks bigger than anything I would want to mount on my CPU. It also looks like it would be rather loud.

As for the Thermalright heatsinks, check out Thermalright's site and the heatsinks. You may have to do a little searching, but they generally have what motherboards their heatsinks fit.

Newest model out is the SP-97 with heatpipe technology. I'm considering getting one myself as soon as the price drops from an average $50. My SLK-947U performs just as well. check out my sig. my average temp is 30 idle and 35 load. As i look thru my window i see that my heatsink is in need of dusting. dust build up can lead to higher temps FYI. the SLK-900U is the one with problems fitting on the Asus A7N8X boards. Circuit's must be bent in order for it to fit. i dont know about SLK-800.

lol i just reminded myself that i need to dust :p

Will the SP-97 even fit on your MB with those heat pipes? I wouldn't bother with the SP-97 if you already have the SLK-947U, but maybe that's just me.:cool:

I recently installed the SLK-900A on the same board w/o problems. It's performed well for me and was $40 shipped from newegg. I went with it because I didn't want to remove my mobo.

My bench mule is a Rev 104 Deluxe board and the SLK-800 fits on it nicely ! :)
I also used it in this Rev 2 board before I got my EXOS ! :)

Back