• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Thermally Controlled Fans

Joined
May 19, 2007
Messages
555
Hey all,

I got some fans and unfortunately the product literature didn't say they were thermally controlled.

So I'm trying to get them to run at full speed as the thermal control doesn't run them fast enough for my liking.

Now if I'm understanding on how they work properly, it's a resistor that allows more electricity to flow through as it heats up. So if I were to cut the resistor off and connect the two wires it should run the fan at 100%.

Am I correct in this?
 
Back
Top