Thermal paste

buzzard34

Gawd
Can someone tell me the truth about this stuff? I ordered some AS5 and then while talking to some colleagues they told me to that AS5 really isn't that superior to the paste you get with a CPU (or in my case an Arctic Cooling ATI silencer). I still haven't gotten my AS5 so I am seriously considering using the paste I have now (its just silicon paste). Safe idea? or should I hold on and wait for my AS5?

i think i remember the drops in temperature with the arctic silver was about 3-4 degrees or something

I think products like Arctic Silver are silly and overpriced.

I've been using a tube of Themalcote that I've had since 1990 or so. Works great, some of its specs are better than some of the Arctic Silver lines, an the whole tube cost about five bucks when I bought it.

Maybe I could get temperatures a few degrees cooler, but I don't see any reason to spend the money for it.

OK, good to hear. Its that someone told me to get AS5 because the stuff that come with my ATI silencer is complete shiat supposedly.

AS5 gave me about 3C better than whatever came with my cheap-ass Ultra brand heat sink.

Back