• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Thermal Paste

ras786

n00b
Joined
Jul 9, 2003
Messages
35
I was wondering if the thermal paste that comes with certain heatsinks optimize performance in that specific heatsink? I just replaced my retail intel heatsink with a Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu, I cleaned off the thermal paste from before and put on the thermal paste that Zalman supplied with its heatsink. But in normal mode my 3.0 Ghz P4 is running at about 43-45C. I want to reapply some new thermal paste to see if it makes a difference.....
 
I think that good paste is good paste no matter what heatsink u put it on. if u use the one that comes with the heatsink it probably wont be as good as stuff like artic silver 5
 
get artic Silver 5 greese, their good, I haven't tried it myself, but I will try it :D

get some fans too...
 
And its most likely not my case: Lian Li PC 65, three intakes, one out-take fan......The temperature before with the retail was about 37-38C.......
 
The Zalman comes with the white generic paste. You will probably get lower temps with Artic Silver paste.
 
hah I'm just using the stock heatsink (intel one)...and I have only one exhaust fan...
and its not too bad at idle 35-36...but during load it gets to around whooping 48!
I'm trying to install my 2 intakes...but I dunno how to open the damn front panel :/
 
Originally posted by OPUS1
Ceramique is good too.

I'd personally recommend ceramique, simply because it performs at least as well as AS5, and afaik is not electrically conductive, so in the event that a bit of the paste gets on something and you don't notice it, it won't really matter.
 
Back
Top