Thermal Paste?

magda

2[H]4U
I'm looking for a good thermal paste.
The last one, which I know was good, was the Artic Silver 5, but now I suppose there are other better ones.

Which one is the best paste nowadays?

Thermal Grizzly Kryronaut seems to be the go to on the high end.

Performs very well for me on my 2700X with a monoblock.

Only downside is the cost.

Honestly there isn't a huge difference in pastes these days except in specific circumstances. I've moved to the reusable graphite pads, the 30x30mm ones fit an Intel IHS perfectly and the 40x40mm fit Ryzen well, and they're super easy to use and re-use. For paste, I really like to use Noctua NT-H1, it's incredibly easy to spread, works really well, and isn't crazy expensive, but also not the cheapest. I've seen some things recently about Kryonaut actually being worse in certain circumstances, but couldn't tell you what those were, plus for how difficult it is to apply properly, to me it's just not worth it; I have a 30g tube of it literally sitting and doing nothing because it just never applies well, and when it does, it wasn't worth the hassle or cost for the difference in temps over the Noctua, and temps aren't really improved over the graphite pads.

Graphite is conductive, so just be careful with application when/if you use them.

This is from 2015

proxy.duckduckgo.png

Reactions: magda
like this
It's whatever...I got a stick of Sycthe stuff and a stick of some kinda AS5/MX4 Generic Tensan stuff. It's find either water or Air. The delidded 7700k is doing perfectly fine at 4.7 with the Mugen 5.

Give it up for Scythe and with AM4 too. Awesome.

Last edited:
Back