Thermal Paste

So it's been a long, long time since I've built a PC.. like 3+ years.

I just ordered a P67 mobo with an i7 2600K processor setup and this time i'm going to jump into watercooling.

I set up an XSPC Rasa RS240 kit and it's currently running a leak test while I finish building my rig.

My question is:

Should I use the thermal paste that came with the kit or should I be using something better? I was digging around yesterday and found a tube of Artic Silver 3. Since I've been out of the loop for so long, I figured I'd ask you guys. Thanks.

I would use something better. Unless XSPC has changed something, the included thermal paste is just generic stuff.

Any recommendations on what to get?

I was a huge proponent of Artic Silver for years, but recently went through non-scientific testing 4-5 different pastes including Artic Silver, Artic Ceramique, AC MX-3, Shin-etsu. Artic Cooling MX-4 was my favorite: it seems to run a bit cooler than AC Silver and is easier to deal with (less viscous). The Shin-Etsu stuff is about as good, but was expensive.

Just use the arctic silver and dont waste the extra money. Wont make much difference in the end.

+1 for MX-4. I love that stuff.

Whatever you get, make sure it's not electrically conductive, that way if you happen to blob a little too much you won't worry so much about seepage causing a short.

Back