Thermal paste Silliness.

Optimum application is your entire case is filled up with paste. Like a bucket. Paste gotta be better than air right? o_O:confused::LOL:

Distilled & deionized water is NON conductive, no clue about capacitance.
The viscosity of water is much lower than thermal paste so it would be much easier to circulate inside the case.

That is why it is watercooling and not pastecooling.

No idea what the specific heat of paste might be, but water has a big number.

If you drew a vacuum inside the waterfilled case the boiling point would be lowered and you could use the scrubbing bubbles effect to replace heated steam at the hot surfaces with fresh water.

The viscosity of water is much lower than thermal paste so it would be much easier to circulate inside the case.

If you drew a vacuum inside the waterfilled case the boiling point would be lowered and you could use the scrubbing bubbles effect to replace heated steam at the hot surfaces with fresh water.

Full liquid case cooling has been done before, that's not what I'm suggesting. I'm saying you watercool everything as normal with external radiators, but the entire case is just filled with paste. The ram, chipset, VRM etc, all just sink directly into static thermal paste. I would expect you end up with a nice warm, yet stable, blob.

I mean some Thermal paste company just needs to Viral this for advertising dammit! :D

But it’s got a nasty habit of stripping ions from what it’s in contact with quickly becoming conductive again.

I remember I used to put the TIM on, then put the HSF on and clamp it down. Wiggle it around a bit in a circular motion. Then i would remove the HSF, clean the TIM off that and then place it back on leaving just the thin layer of spread TIM on the CPU.

Temps were always fine. I don't bother now. Don't have the time to mess around with stuff like that anymore.

Back