Thermal paste reapplying?

known12345

Limp Gawd
I purchased an Arctic Freezer 7 Pro and installed in on my cpu. Unfortunately I installed in the wrong way and a few days later (i think 4-5) I had to remove it and switch the direction of the unit (I have an ABIT IP35-E and a P182 and I initially thought I was supposed to position the AF7's fan blowing toward the back of the case, unfortunately it meant I had to slightly bend the bottom of the AF7 because the ABIT logo on my board made putting the AF7 difficult). I found out (by looking at various pictures of fans in the P182 that the fan of the AF7 is supposed to be blowing the to the top of the case. And so I removed the AF7 and faced it so the fan of the AF7 blew towards the top (consequently by facing it this way, I did not have to bend the bottom of the AF7). By removing the heatsink and then changing the direction it was oriented, did I "mess up" the function of the thermal paste? I mean did I perhaps reduce its effectiveness?

I recently purchased an Accelero S1 for my 8800gt and in addition purchased Arctic Silver and Thermal Paste Remover and so was wondering if I should just remove the thermal paste that is currently on my cpu and just reapply arctic silver?

Since you put the heatsink back on without removing any of the compound, there's no need to add more or replace it. Leave it as it is now and it'll be fine.

Back