• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Thermal Paste ?: OCZ Ultra 5+

Zasboy

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 14, 2002
Messages
264
Hi,

I ran out of AS3 and I'm in the market for some new thermal paste. So I was on SVC website, checking out their thermal paste. I was looking at the AS5 and was about to checkout until something caught my eye. It wa the OCZ Ultra 5+ Silver Thermal Compound. I was like WOW! Two dollar cheaper than the AS5. Two bucks will save me a gallon of gas :D Since I will be driving to SVC because the store is located in town. SWEET. So now, I am torn apart on whether to get the OCZ or AS5.

Has anybody use this thermal compound before? Is it worth it? The reason I like it because it looks exactly like AS5 and has all the features of AS5 such as:
- 99.9% silver
- Non-eletrically conductive
- contains over 88% thermally Conductive filler by weight
- many more

The more I read about OCZ Ultra 5+, the more it looks like an exact copy of AS5. The info on both thermal pastes are nearly the identical which is suprising. Anyways, I was wondering if any people got any comments, opinions, suggestions, or anything helpful.

Links:
OCZ Ultra 5+
Artic Silver 5

-Thanks
 
there was an article somewhere, i believe it was on overclockers.com, anyhow it was a guy who used some chemical which would report the silver consistancy in the compound... and if i recall correctly, the OCZ stuff had absolutely no silver in it...

not certain if it was the OCZ Ultra 5+ stuff you speak of.. but anyhow imma go look for the article and post it.. brb

edit: http://www.overclockers.com/articles938/
 
the ocz paste is now supplied by AS
so basically, its rebranded AS5, and so cheaper
same shit, different smell
 
Hi,

A rebrand AS5 you say? On second thought now, that OCZ Ultra 5+ is looking better than the AS5.. Hmm....I might pick one up soon.

-Thanks
 
Back
Top