Thermal Compound

The Saint

Gawd
Joined
Mar 18, 2003
Messages
1,000
Guys....

what thermal compound should I pick up for my future watercooled setup?

AS5 or Ceramique....? Or any other better than those?

My waterblock will be the CPU 300 from Koolance.

Thanks
 
I vote for ceramique. Any test I've seen has shown it to be *at least* as good as AS5, and some have shown it to be better. On top of that, AFAIK, it's not electrically conductive, which is always a plus. I use it on my rig.
 
one reply considered...anyone else?

PS: Thanks Spewn.

PPS: Are there any issue with Compounds and waterblocks...like something should not be using with something else?
 
i like ceramique as well. works great for me. i don't know of any issues with watercooling and compounds, so any one should work just as well as on aircooling, but i recommend ceramique.
 
Arctic Silver 5 is better than Ceramique, it just takes 200 hours to get the best results.

The only time you will see a review showing ceramique to be better is when the reviewer didn't allow for the product to achieve maximum particle to particle thermal conduction and for the heatsink to CPU interface to reach maximum conductivity. This takes several thermal cycles and up to 200 hours or more.

Once the break in period is over the temps should drop 2*-5*celcius.

Ceramique is a good product but Arctic Silver 5 is better. ;)
 
I compared AS3 to ceramique and found no real differance.
I'd go with the ceramique because it isn't conductive.
 
Back
Top