There has to be something better :(

Dr. Righteous

2[H]4U
Than Evolution email.

It is a pretty slick POS (piece of software) but for what I need, it is a real PITA.
And for Most purposes, it may be great, but for what I need; IT SUCKS.
My company has a remotely hosted Exchange server and Evolution kinda works, but it requires several restarts a day (of evolution).
All I need is my exchange email, not everything else.

Is there ANY other Linux Email client that supports Exchange that will work with Ubuntu that I can try???

Last edited:
Can't you try using Mozilla Thunderbird? I think there's an option for POP3, IMAP4, and Exchange Server.

I have always preferred Thunderbird over Evolution.

I'm using kmail and an exchange server at work, though I'm connected over IMAP. I take it that's not an option for you?

My vote is with Thunderbird. It all around better and easier to use.

Oooooohhh. I didn't think Thunderbird support exchange (few emial clients do) Will have to try it.
Thanks!

I use Zimbra Desktop 2. Very nice interface thats thought out. You don't need a Zimbra mail server to use it.

Hate Zimbra. Too bloated, crashes consistently, more complex than a mail client needs to be.

I downloaded Thunderbird, but it doesn't seem to have support or Exchange in the way I would need it to work.

I made some settings changes to Evolution, and it is somewhat better. That was to set it to download email for offline, instead of sync folders.
This helped, but it still does crap like stop downloading new mail for no reason and won't get it even if you do a send/receive. You have to kill it and restart. :(

POP3 has nothing to do with Exchange and IMO should be burried to death. It's a dated and awful protocol.

There isn't a good solution for this unfortunately. I have the same situation at work. I run an Ubuntu virtual for most of my work, but have Windows for AD/Exchange management, VSphere, and Outlook.

Back