there are no internet games visable that pass your filter settings

haroldmeyer

[H]ard|Gawd
I get this message when I log on to Steam and go to the servers tab to look for games. This message comes on when I try to refresh. My filter settings are set to "all" right now and I can click the spectator tab and join a game as a spectator.I can't get in on the history or freinds tabs either.I didn't have any firewalls when I tried this either, and my firewall(Norton)is configured properly to allow Steam anyway. Am I missing a file of somekind that would allow the servers list to come up?, or is this stricktly a Steam thing? By the way I've uninstalled and reinstalled Steam twice now to no avail.

Yeah I can't find any servers when I do it through the servers tab too. Open up a game and then you should find plenty of servers.

That's not the case Wslyce, I can't get any kind of server list on any game or master serverlist ever since the update. I get this filter setting BS when I try to refresh, I've uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted master server list and almost anything short of formatting the hardrive to no avail. But it's funny how I can still get in on the spectating tab, can't play but I can spectate.
[Edit] I had to import a server/browser.dll from another machine with Steam and now it works fine.

Happened to a friend of mine, i reinstalled, did everything i could, came here and posted, we just said screw it, watched a couple movies, played some xb-l and in the morning it worked fine. It should work if you wait.

Back