The Zune Phone is real and on its way!

Someone was a little careless at MWC....

500x_windowsphone7.jpg

Source:
http://gizmodo.com/5471857/curtain-pulled-back-for-windows-phone-7-sneak-peek

I don't understand what all this pointing to RIM to prove the iphone has really been meaningless is all about. RIMS sales are hugely aided by businesses handing them out. Which is why it confuses me more when someone actually mentions this in their argument as to why the iphone is dumb. This is not logical. The fact is that the normal person, not business, consumer, when given the choice between a BB, a nexus one, or an iphone will pick the BB the minority of the time. They are two different markets. Stop talking like they strongly intertwine, they don't.

The interface looks impressive. It does remind me a lot of the Zune menus, which I think is an improvement over windows mobile.

They aren't showing off a phone, they're showing off the OS. The development device you saw will more than likely not reach production.

The fact they're pushing device drivers out seems to disagree with you. It would be stupid for them to create another Android at this point. Plus they already have WinMo.

The fact they're pushing device drivers out seems to disagree with you. It would be stupid for them to create another Android at this point. Plus they already have WinMo.

I agree with BlueFox on this... MS is showing off the *new* Windows Mobile 7, Sooner. The device is devoid of branding. This is a production sample built only to show off the Zune-like interface of the new WinMo 7. Phones that will be released with WinMo 7 have not been demonstrated yet. Otherwise, this would have been a dual announcement between MS and XYZ phone manufacturer.

Of course they are finally learning and getting the infrastructure in place for the release of actual WinMo 7 phones that will fully integrate into XBX Live and the Zune software. Why *not* get the software in place now so that they can work the bugs out now instead of later?

I do not understand your Android comment. Let me misquote Shakespeare from Julius Caesar when I say: WinMo X is dead! Long live WinMo7!

Back