• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The XICLE (EvO+) Build from Scratch

masbuskado

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 30, 2008
Messages
144
cycle_logon_VISTA2-1.jpg


Project Name: The XICLE
Type: Build from Scratch
Start: May 5, 2008
Finish: June 31, 2008


I build this for the OCN Case Modding Competition 08 I won the Second Place and Unique Bonus Prize in the PRO category (Don't ask me why cuz I don't know :p) This was my first Custom Build and most challenging project so far.

I don't like to do things they same way other did things... so that why I make this Custom Case (The First Ever Round Working Computer Case) so I'll let you with the image the complete worklog is on OCN but I'll post all the image in most of the forum am registered. So enjoy this piece of work...

Remember don't doub to ask me anything and watch the complete video log on my youtube channel Here... http://youtube.com/newmodcity or the Video Log Here: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=0E6DEEEA840D7E50

310 Images (I'll post it everyday in group of 10)

Part List

1. BIOSTAR GF7050V-M7 LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 7050 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
2. Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Yorkfield 2.5GHz LGA 775 95W
3. Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
4. Masscool 8WA740 Socket 775 Heat Sink
5. 2x Seagate Momentus 7200.2 ST9160823AS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb
6. LITE-ON Slim 8X DVD Burner Black SATA Model DS-8A2S-A01
7. MSI 7800 Video Card
8. 1x pci-e 6 pin molex uv green
9. 3x 4" SATA II Device Cable Straight to Straight 3.0 Gbps
10. Heatshrinks and Cable sleeving (Green and Yellow - UV)
11. 1x vandal resistant illuminated switch 16mm - green ring
12. Connectx™ ATX 24-pin Female connector housing - UV Green
13. 3x ConnectX Pro SATA Power Connector - UV Green
14. 1 P4 molex uv green
15. usb 2.0 pci card adapter 5 ports
16. Quad USB 2.0 Bracket - 4 Wire, (2) 10-Pin Connectors
17. Aerocool Xtreme Turbine LED Case Fan 120mm - Black Frame Silver blades
18. ESTAR-450-24 -- Echo Star 450W 20+4-pin ATX PSU w/SATA
19. CB-BT2-USB-DONGLE -- Cyber-Blue Bluetooth v2.0
20. SIL-LK-802 -- USB Wireless Multimedia Keyboard & Mouse
21. USB-WIRELESS-GAMEPAD -- USB Wireless Gamepad
22. Spray Paint (Yellow - Green)
23. 2x 24x18 Plexi sheet


The Challenge is to fit all of this on a round small case. So let the MOD begin...
 
Your missing one. There is 9 pictures:D. Anyways I can't wait till you get half way through, usually where it becomes serious. Good luck.

Mark
 
you should ask the company to ship you another keybard instead. save yourself the time and money to fix the big crack. who knows, they might let you keep the broken one.
 
you should ask the company to ship you another keybard instead. save yourself the time and money to fix the big crack. who knows, they might let you keep the broken one.

Yeah they refund me the money and let me keep the keyboard... that why I fix it cuz I didn't have time to get a new one was better for me to modded than wait another week with a deadline on my head... ;)

You should give some commentary, I'm confused about what you're doing with the lack of words

LoL If you read the first post I explain why... The project was may during the summer and is already finish so am posting every detail pic so if you have any question you can ask about How I do it... What I use... Why this hole is like that... I'll answer all your question...

Thanks... :D
 
Stop this modding project immediatly!!! YOU ARE SCARING THE CHILDREN!!!

:D

/subscribes
 
Nice work with the fiberglass, but that has to be the most horrible choice of colors in the history of personal computing! Seriously!
 
Nice work with the fiberglass, but that has to be the most horrible choice of colors in the history of personal computing! Seriously!

Awww, a bit of poison won't kill you ;)
 
And, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, find somewhere else other than photobucket to host your images. It shouldn't take 5 minutes to open any forum thread when you're on 7/2 cable internet!
 
Nice work with the fiberglass, but that has to be the most horrible choice of colors in the history of personal computing! Seriously!

Thanks man...!!!
So you're one of the few people out there that think that MOD should be black blue or red... sorry if you didn;t like the color scheme but I thinking on do something different all the way... :p:p

Awww, a bit of poison won't kill you ;)

:confused:

And, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, find somewhere else other than photobucket to host your images. It shouldn't take 5 minutes to open any forum thread when you're on 7/2 cable internet!

I can't cuz I already pay for my account.... maybe next year... ;)
 
Back
Top