The X1800XTPE bios flash...

Sc4freak

Limp Gawd
As many of you know, the leaked BIOS clocks the X1800XT to 700/800. What I want to know is: Does it work on all X1800XTs? Including other brands? And is it guaranteed like the X800GTO2?

I'm asking this because I'm about to order an X1800XT, and I'm not sure if I should specifically get Sapphire's so I can flash the BIOS. I have a choice between MSI, Sapphire or GeCube.

Sapphire's a good company and you couldn't go wrong choosing them plus you have tthe benefit of the BIOS flash working (or at least more so) so if the price difference is only marginal than go sapphire

I'd go with Sapphire. Their OEM card is under $500 at Newegg, I believe. And the BIOS seems to be a 100% successful endeavor. Sapphire's on a roll here: first the GTO2, and now this.

Bona Fide said:
I'd go with Sapphire. Their OEM card is under $500 at Newegg, I believe. And the BIOS seems to be a 100% successful endeavor. Sapphire's on a roll here: first the GTO2, and now this.

Dammm dude 520/1200 on the Zalman cooler only!!!!!!!, I have 2 7800GT's in SLI with the Zalman cooler too, but haven't tried overclocking above 450/1200 yet!!!!

http://www.321free.net/users/jgdiaz/

:D

Didn't work on my Sapphire XT, lock ups, BSOD. Had to flash it back and I'm not that keen to up the voltage with the crappy stock cooler. The memory cooling is a joke.

FORNOWAGAIN said:
Didn't work on my Sapphire XT, lock ups, BSOD. Had to flash it back and I'm not that keen to up the voltage with the crappy stock cooler. The memory cooling is a joke.

Get an ACS3 and RAMsinks ftw. :)

Back