The World's First Digitally-Transformable Sofa

HardOCP News

[H] News
I like this concept but I'm not sure I would ever have something like this in my home or office. Warning, the annoying music you hear in the video linked below is embedded in the company website with no volume control or mute button.

Last edited:
If the cushion firmness along with the height is adjustable, I can see this being made. Can easily envision one of these in the atrium of a dotcom company.

My wife would love this. We have the lovesac sactional (modular couch), and about every other month she randomly rearranges it.

Warning, the annoying music you hear in the video linked below is embedded in the company website with no volume control or mute button.

In Chrome just right-click a tab and hit 'Mute tab', annoying webpage music begone!

Yikes. 800 Euros per module? 13,000 Euros for a fugly couch?

I think I'll just settle for a La-Z-Boy.

Yikes. 800 Euros per module? 13,000 Euros for a fugly couch?

I think I'll just settle for a La-Z-Boy.

Wow, I thought the $2000 I spent on my couch was excessive. I'm guessing they're going for an business or obscenely wealthy customer base.

Comfortable chaise lounge? With each "pillow" being at a different height with no smooth transition between them? Yeah I think not.

LMFAO! $900 PER PIECE WITHOUT SHIPPING?! These people...these people are fucking stupid.

Not to mention the fact that the thickness of the top of this thing in conjunction with the top of the inner post means that there's no way these are comfortable. It's like two inches between the top of post and top of the outside.

Wow...give me a break. $900...Christ...and the people running the company will still wonder why they went under.

This is one of those bad ideas in furniture that belongs in the 70's.

Reactions: Rahh
like this
When they say comfortable Chaise Lounge... all i see is a staircase that will wreck my back. You would need to put over and additional layer of soft material to even out those small staircase steps.

ouch and thta prise which is basically just a stool with somekind of special spring/lock bar or something.
if it at least had a little motor and you could control it by a phone app.

otherwise i think the idea looks cool for but probably not for a small home

I see nothing here that's going to keep these things together to form your couch. During the first use, these things look like they are going to separate and you'll go falling through. Or maybe these things weigh several hundred pounds a piece and thus won't easily move? Am I missing something here?

This. Looks. Terrible.
Last time I checked, comfortable lounging ans sitting surfaces did not have angles, corners and edges built into the person-contact surfaces.

Reactions: Rahh
like this
They need to have around 50 smaller cylinders inside one of these octagons, under the microfiber memory foam topper. Then provide some form of laser system to map out the body and transform the chaser. Could also provide an app that allows you to design whatever you want in a cheap CAD program (hell or draw it), that's what I would say 900$ is worth.

The video says the product could capture my "wildest dreams."

Some of my wildest dreams involve couches, but they really could be any couch.

Back