The Withcer EE performance problems

Decko87

2[H]4U
Man this game is not running well at all, it seems to enjoy crashing and strange dips into the 20's. When I turn my head in certain directions it really drags my performance down big time, and it even hitches on occasion. I'm running 1650X1080 4x aa and 16x AF. Is this game a performance hog or is something screwed up?

Haha I seem be having a lot of issues with games lately, but they all end up getting fixed on way or another!

Anyone else have this problem? Any fixes? I should be updated to 1.5.

Oh damn I set up my Task Manager on my TV while playing the game, I noticed it BARELY uses more then one core... sigh! Looks like I'll just have to turn settings down.

Still, if anyone knows any way besides just turning settings down to get better FPS let me know.

Last edited:
Definitely something wrong. Never had any performance issues and I've played through it on a 8800gts 320, 8800gt g92 and a gtx 260 at the same resolution and progressively more FSAA each new GPU.

Man this game is not running well at all, it seems to enjoy crashing and strange dips into the 20's. When I turn my head in certain directions it really drags my performance down big time, and it even hitches on occasion. I'm running 1650X1080 4x aa and 16x AF. Is this game a performance hog or is something screwed up?
This game performs pretty good. You should be running it with high AA with your system.

Is there a way to enable higher than 2xAA on 1920x1200? It won't let me go any higher. I have tried forcing it in the nvidia control panel but I don't think it works. I did it with AA turned off completely in game and did override and nothing happened so I am not sure if it's even possible.

this game performs poorly becouse of the engine NWN they use, there is nothing u can do about it, and the game initialy was intendet to run in isometric perspective and it run good like that, later they introduce Gears of War camera and that kills any computer framerate in some parts , using magic or long distance view

Is there a way to enable higher than 2xAA on 1920x1200? It won't let me go any higher. I have tried forcing it in the nvidia control panel but I don't think it works. I did it with AA turned off completely in game and did override and nothing happened so I am not sure if it's even possible.

You can force it through the Nvidia control panel or the CCC and it should work fine. Don't bother with the in game AA.

You can force it through the Nvidia control panel or the CCC and it should work fine. Don't bother with the in game AA.

It doesn't seem to be making a difference when I force it in the nvidia control panel. I even took it off in-game to see if it would work just forcing it by itself and it's not working.

Thread revival.

I'm trying to play the witcher again. I played it back in 2007 on my E4300 @ 3.3Ghz, 4GB Ram, and 8800GT.

Now I have a Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz, 8GB Ram, and a GTX285. But I'm still having performance issues. I even switched to a E8400 @ 4.0Ghz to see if the extra mhz would make a difference. In the trading quarter I'm seeing 20-30fps and some slow downs. I'm using high settings, 2x AA, 16x AF.

Thread revival.

I'm trying to play the witcher again. I played it back in 2007 on my E4300 @ 3.3Ghz, 4GB Ram, and 8800GT.

Now I have a Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz, 8GB Ram, and a GTX285. But I'm still having performance issues. I even switched to a E8400 @ 4.0Ghz to see if the extra mhz would make a difference. In the trading quarter I'm seeing 20-30fps and some slow downs. I'm using high settings, 2x AA, 16x AF.

the game just runs like shit sometimes, I've seen this happen on my pc and my friend's pc which is running a gtx275 now. you can't fix this by throwing more hardware at it. the game performance is very inconsistent, I've seen some basic magic efects bring a system to a crawl and then have large battle run perfectly smooth.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

game ran great at 1920 1200 on my old x2 and 9600gt... so any issues your having now have got to be drvier or otherwise related.

I think its the area I was in or because I was using an old save game. The trading quarter area on Vizima seems to own my system. I'm playing from the beginning now and its running at a solid 60FPS with V-Sync on and it doesn't seem to drop more then a couple frames.

I think its the area I was in or because I was using an old save game. The trading quarter area on Vizima seems to own my system. I'm playing from the beginning now and its running at a solid 60FPS with V-Sync on and it doesn't seem to drop more then a couple frames.

I was just about to post that. Was gonna suggest trying a different map, some are more brutal graphically than others.

Back