I think it's fairly obvious that the *one* low-fidelity, blurry Witcher 3 trailer I've seen is indicative of either nothing (just a sorry, hastily thrown-together trailer from someone who really didn't know how to do it), or else it's what people can expect from xBone consoles--the low end of the gaming market--or when running 5-10-year-old GPUs in a PC. That blurry trailer that I saw--not recently but a few months ago--was really, really *bad* looking graphically. If that's the way the final, ultra-settings PC version looks CDPR is going to have a riot on its hands, but...
I'll be shocked beyond belief if the game for PCs isn't highly scalable in terms of texture size, detail, lighting, and the rest of it. Scalability has been with us for--well, forever, in terms of the current market. CDPR would have to be the dumbest developer in history to put out a PC version that looks awful just because they thought it was important to make console owners "feel good" about being dimwits...
But I've never known CDPR to be dumb so I don't believe a word of this at the moment. The proof will be in the pudding, as they say...
I'll be shocked beyond belief if the game for PCs isn't highly scalable in terms of texture size, detail, lighting, and the rest of it. Scalability has been with us for--well, forever, in terms of the current market. CDPR would have to be the dumbest developer in history to put out a PC version that looks awful just because they thought it was important to make console owners "feel good" about being dimwits...