• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The wireless HTPC - is it possible?

Damodred

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
171
Hello

I'm moving in two weeks and have plans for rebuilding my HTPC. What I would really love is to have, much like Stargate Atlantis, a tablet that serves as base for what is shown on the large screens. My solution for this currently is Microsoft Surface Pro 3 but I can also wait for Pro 4 if it is fanless. Here is how I would like to see it work:

Stream Plex wireless from Plex Server to HTPC
Send image wireless to either tv or projector with Miracast
Send audio wireless to reciever (its just a 2.0 Primare/Klipsch combo but I really like it) with bluetooth

There are four questions here:

1. Do I need two wireless network cards for this to work? One for the regular network and one for Miracast?

2. Is it possible to send just image to Miracast?

3. Is it possible to always be connected with Bluetooth? For example I leave the computer on over night, goes to work and when I come back home it will still send audio without having to reconnect? Or maybe thats just a setting?

4. There is a small delay with Miracast, just a tenth of a second or so but its noticeable. If the answer on the two questions above is "yes" - will the audio sync with the delayed image or will it be slightly ahead?

Thanks in advance :)
 
wow, that's a lot of work just to see an image on your tablet instead of clicking directly on the htpc with a wireless keyboard like a K400 (which I have)
 
wow, that's a lot of work just to see an image on your tablet instead of clicking directly on the htpc with a wireless keyboard like a K400 (which I have)

K400s don't get you laid :D

However I totally agree with this sentiment
 
I definitely need a laid or ten rather soon...
Anyways, going with a keyboard and a more standard HTPC is the easy way out I guess. I would like to get away with the long HDMI cable to the projector, thats the main reason for all this. Second is the way to control it.

I'm not familiar with ARC (starting to realize its a lot of stuff thats changed since I was into the whole home cinema and small computers thingy last, believe it was late 2009 or so...)
 
I definitely need a laid or ten rather soon...
Anyways, going with a keyboard and a more standard HTPC is the easy way out I guess. I would like to get away with the long HDMI cable to the projector, thats the main reason for all this. Second is the way to control it.

I'm not familiar with ARC (starting to realize its a lot of stuff thats changed since I was into the whole home cinema and small computers thingy last, believe it was late 2009 or so...)

Not sure why a HDMI cable to a projector would be a big deal. You have to run a power cable, do you not? Just zip tie them together.

...unless you have found a way to wirelessly power a projector...
 
Back
Top