The Wii U Thread (that doesn't suck)

• Thread starter Deleted member 83233
  • Start date
splatoon is a blast to play.

Me and my daughter are addicted to it. My only complaint is the map rotation limited to only 2 on each mode. But i understand why they do this.

Ever since buying Splatoon a few months back my wife has been addicted to playing. She hasn't been this into gaming since the Viva Pinata series on the 360 years back. It got to a point where she was playing so much that anyone else had to basically rotate in.

Couldn't have any of that nonsense, so I went and purchased a second WiiU/Splatoon bundle just so I can play along-side her at night.

So now, I own 2 WiiU's, no XB1, no PS4 and it feels good, because goddamn Splatoon thats why.

Anyone who hasn't played this game should seriously take a second look. Its flat out amazing, fresh and addicting as all hell. There have been a number of free updates to the game, which include new gear, guns, and several free map packs. The level cap was increased from 20 to 50, which will take tens of hours to hit. I've only see 2 50s ever. The community is strong and recent NPD numbers now show the game has sold more than 600,000 copies.

Well, now you're giving me the urge to buy Splatoon. I haven't really looked into it but I could dust off my Wii U for this game. Since it's wife friendly also :D

Splatoon is a great game. If you haven't played it yet, your missing out. That any Bayo2, MarioKart8, SM3DW.... hehe.

splatoon is a blast to play.

Me and my daughter are addicted to it. My only complaint is the map rotation limited to only 2 on each mode. But i understand why they do this.

Once even more maps are out I'm hoping they rotate even more!

I'm making some levels in Mario Maker. Trying my hand at duel stages. Where the player can choose to either play the sky, or the ground. It's concept that I think is neat. Anyway, I wish there was a better way to search levels in that game.

Just picked up Disney Infinity 2.0 Toy Box for $13 and preordered Yoshi's Woolly World with the Yarn Amiibo. These will both be XMas presents, my Wii U may make it close to 5 months without being turned on at that point.

Though if Mario Tennis is amazing, I will pick that up too and start playing right away.

Just picked up Disney Infinity 2.0 Toy Box for $13 and preordered Yoshi's Woolly World with the Yarn Amiibo. These will both be XMas presents, my Wii U may make it close to 5 months without being turned on at that point.

Though if Mario Tennis is amazing, I will pick that up too and start playing right away.

I played Mario Tennis at E3 and it was fun!

I really wish they'd make a new Mario Golf for the Wii U. I always liked that series. I have it for my N3DS, but it's not the same as playing local MP with friends.

I really wish they'd make a new Mario Golf for the Wii U. I always liked that series. I have it for my N3DS, but it's not the same as playing local MP with friends.

I loved Mario Golf on N64 (the only one I played) but wanted to pick the one on 3DS. I would buy a Wii U version in an heartbeat!

The 3DS version is great really, but yeah, playing with people in the same room does enhance this game.

I can't remember if it was on sale or not, but I got it for a decent price digitally. I don't think I paid more than $20 for it.

Bump

Any reason to keep my wii U? I don't really like Mario maker and now Zelda and star fox are delayed to probably launch on their next gen hardware

Sell it while I still can, I'm aware of no upcoming games for it. Appears to be dead in the water.

Bump

Any reason to keep my wii U? I don't really like Mario maker and now Zelda and star fox are delayed to probably launch on their next gen hardware

Sell it while I still can, I'm aware of no upcoming games for it. Appears to be dead in the water.

splatoon?

one of the best multiplayer shooter on the market right now.

I wouldn't completely count on that next gen shift either. It's possible, but unless you're just hurting for a few bucks, why wouldn't you just hold onto the Wii U until it's confirmed or not?

Bump

If you're aware of the games that are out, and upcoming -- then you have all the information you need to decided if you want to keep it or not. You don't need the internet to help you decide that...

Bump

Nintendo should just pack up their bags and go home if they release another console before getting that Zelda and Star Fox game out the door on Wii U. Their third party support is abysmal and if they start losing their own first party games even less people will buy the next one.

I really don't think they'll do that. But, you never know...

It would be a very bad move on their part.

splatoon?

one of the best multiplayer shooter on the market right now.

I hate that it's not split screen. I only buy local multiplayer games on the Wii U since I tend to play with my brother or have other friends over on weekends.

I hate that it's not split screen. I only buy local multiplayer games on the Wii U since I tend to play with my brother or have other friends over on weekends.

Oh come on, buy another Wii U and TV for your guests! :p

I agree though. I don't play online on consoles. It's either solo, or local MP with friends. That said, I'm not a fan of split-screen games in general. A necessary evil though in many cases. :D

I truly think they are gonna pull another Twilight Princess our of there butts. Release it for both systems, the NX and the Wii-U.

Star Fox is getting released on the Wii-U and may be one of the last first party titles they release on it.

IMO

Releasing the new Zelda game on the Wii-U and the NX at the same time will actually be a very good move for them, its either going to keep the Wii-U crowd happy, or its going to help push the new console.

Nintendo should just pack up their bags and go home if they release another console before getting that Zelda and Star Fox game out the door on Wii U. Their third party support is abysmal and if they start losing their own first party games even less people will buy the next one.

You know it's gonna happen. You just know.

Bump

Yoshi Wooly's World is releasing in 2 weeks here (already out in Japan and Europe I think).

This will make me dust off my Wii U for now.

Yoshi Wooly's World is releasing in 2 weeks here (already out in Japan and Europe I think).

This will make me dust off my Wii U for now.

Yep, I'm a total sucker for the Yoshi games. Will definitely be picking it up. I still need to get Mario Maker, but I may save that for when I have more time on my hands (probably mid-winter or so). Right now I'm just occasionally hopping on the U to dabble in my third Bayonetta 2 play, and play some SM3DW or MK8 with my kids.

Yep, I'm a total sucker for the Yoshi games. Will definitely be picking it up. I still need to get Mario Maker, but I may save that for when I have more time on my hands (probably mid-winter or so). Right now I'm just occasionally hopping on the U to dabble in my third Bayonetta 2 play, and play some SM3DW or MK8 with my kids.

This game look like alot of fun! It reminds me of LBP and such which are GF friendly. I bought this game to play with my fiancé (and the bundle to give her the cute amiibo ;) )

Mario Maker looks cool but I'm not that much into building levels

Mario Maker looks cool but I'm not that much into building levels

Building levels is really simple. I actually like seeing how far I can push something. I'm learning a lot about how far Mario can jump from a cold stop vs a continued series of jumps.

Lots of fun. It's not as boring as Little Big Planet.

One of the major things that is keeping me from loading up Splatoon is the lack of off-TV play. It literally is the one thing i was looking forward to the most in this game.

I don't care if the map system is tied into the tablet controller display. Give me this option. Biggest over-site ever.

anyone having problem with the wii u reading dics?

i cant play mario 3d worlds anymore , its the only game with the invalid disc problem. But i had trouble with some super smash , but while in game.

Building levels is really simple. I actually like seeing how far I can push something. I'm learning a lot about how far Mario can jump from a cold stop vs a continued series of jumps.

Lots of fun. It's not as boring as Little Big Planet.

LBP's building was boring. good thing it's better

i cant play mario 3d worlds anymore , its the only game with the invalid disc problem. But i had trouble with some super smash , but while in game.

I haven't had any problems, but I only buy digitally for Wii U games. I play plenty of Wii discs though, and haven't had a problem.

The laser on the reader is probably slightly miss-aligned. It's only a matter of time until it goes out entirely. If you're in warranty I would try to get it repaired.

Im out of warranty. Other disc are fine.

You should call them anyway. My WiiU bricked when the 2nd MK8 DLC updated and it was out of warranty then, but they still covered it since the update caused it. If anything just send it in to have them look at it and if they deem it was your fault, they will just send it back, if not, they will probably fix it at no charge.

Exactly what I was hoping the Wii U would be. That is seriously what everyone wants I think.
If done correctly, it's a day 1 purchase for me.

If this replaces Wii U in 2016 or 2017 I won't have much faith in Nintendo to support it. 4-5 years isn't a long time to support a console these days.

If this replaces Wii U in 2016 or 2017 I won't have much faith in Nintendo to support it. 4-5 years isn't a long time to support a console these days.

In their defense, the Wii U wasn't exactly a hot seller so I could see why they'd want to move to their next system. Like other posters suggested, I'm thinking it's going to be a case of Nintendo releasing dual software releases of their first party titles (ala Gamecube to Wii Zelda transition) to keep Nintendo fans sated.

As long as my wiiu games work on the NX i have zero problem upgrading.

Back