The Walking Dead FPS gameplay trailer

Looks more like a tech demo than a trailer.

And shit, I had no idea Terminal Reality was still around! I remember countless hours playing Terminal Velocity, Fury, and Monster Truck Madness.

That one is going to suck. My wife loves that terrible Walking Dead bullcrap Telltale released, even though it''s not a game but i still love her.

Anyway, that footage seemed like the same old Quake 3 branch used for CoD. Can't believe people actually pay full price for that 1999 graphics lol and terrible modern gameplay.

End of rant. This one is going to suck soooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

That one is going to suck. My wife loves that terrible Walking Dead bullcrap Telltale released, even though it''s not a game but i still love her.

Then neither is Monkey island, or Gabriel Knight, or Grim fandango, or The Longest Journey, or >insert any other adventure game.<

I regard pixel hunting as gameplay mechanic. Not that I ever considered adventure real gaming. Not bad products, though. MI was real good.

Then neither is Monkey island, or Gabriel Knight, or Grim fandango, or The Longest Journey, or >insert any other adventure game.<

There is less gameplay to Walking Dead than those games. Walking Dead really sits more as an interactive story than a game. Still incredible but not much game to it.

Not gonna lie, when playing FC3 I thought "this would make a good engine for a Walking Dead game". That, I could get behind. But the usual COD-corridor is not going to do well. I think it needs to have a good RPG/survival/exploration element. Something Activision's sweatshops are incapable of doing.

No those games have puzzle solving and you can actually interact with most things. The walking dead has no game mechanics or puzzle solving and is just a interactive movie.

No those games have puzzle solving and you can actually interact with most things. The walking dead has no game mechanics or puzzle solving and is just a interactive movie.

That's weird, I don't think you've played it then. Because it has puzzles to solve , as well as item combinations and such, just like those old adventures. Sure not as hard as some but still.

That's weird, I don't think you've played it then. Because it has puzzles to solve , as well as item combinations and such, just like those old adventures. Sure not as hard as some but still.

The so called puzzle solving is so easy it's a joke. i wouldn't even consider them puzzles as there maybe 2 or three things you can even interact with in a scene (if even that many) and one of them is usually the solution to the puzzle.

My wife loves that terrible Walking Dead bullcrap Telltale released, even though it''s not a game but i still love her.
I really can't disagree with you more. The game might be simple, but the story is amazing. I lost it during the ending. :(

I really can't disagree with you more. The game might be simple, but the story is amazing. I lost it during the ending. :(

Yeah, whether you like the game or not, it shows you can't deny the whole story vs gameplay argument is a bit silly and entirely subjective, as there's very little gameplay in TWD game and yet it is still entertaining for many people, hardcore and casual alike. I thought TWD was an awesome game, it had some faults and had some things I would have liked to have seen done differently (for one, the episodic release I didn't like, for another I would have liked to have seen some branching in the story based on choices rather than just having different degrees of people being pissed or not pissed at you), but it absolutely sucked me in and made me want to play it.

The trailer was fan made but the FOOTAGE was real and in game, it was taken from some live gameplay demo on a game show.

Yeah, whether you like the game or not, it shows you can't deny the whole story vs gameplay argument is a bit silly and entirely subjective, as there's very little gameplay in TWD game and yet it is still entertaining for many people, hardcore and casual alike. I thought TWD was an awesome game, it had some faults and had some things I would have liked to have seen done differently (for one, the episodic release I didn't like, for another I would have liked to have seen some branching in the story based on choices rather than just having different degrees of people being pissed or not pissed at you), but it absolutely sucked me in and made me want to play it.

Maybe it's 'cause I'm a sucker for the old point and click adventure games, but I thought the walking dead game was pretty awesome.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Zombie games/movies aren't about killing zombies. It's about the stuff that happens in between the zombie attacks. The walking dead game gave us that and that's what made it awesome.

You're right that choices could have mattered more. That would make it feel like it was my game and not just retelling the same story that everyone else saw, but it was still cool.

It's awesome that they made the first episode free. I don't know that I would have bought it if they hadn't given me my first taste for free :)

Back