• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The waiting game sucks.

BravO)))

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
7,311
Here is what I have running.
IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg


Can you guess what I am waiting on from dell even though it should be in tomorrow? :(

I figured that eyefinity is more immerse than a 30" display as 48:10 is a lot better that 16:10. Plus I think a lot of people fail to realize is that you are only investing in the monitors one time, it will not be something that you update like cpu's and video cards. As soon as I get my "?" in, I will try to shoot some video and post it up.
 
I dunno but get a bigger desk :p
those outside monitors are really close to the edge. Hope you dont live in an earthquake zone lol
 
I dunno but get a bigger desk :p
those outside monitors are really close to the edge. Hope you dont live in an earthquake zone lol

That's not it, but I do plan on getting a nice disk here soon. I live in memphis and there is no shacking here to speak of.
 
Nice, my Sapph 5850 arrives tomorrow. Didn't know I still got the Dirt2 coupon :)

I have to buy 1 more monitor for eyefinity, getting a native DP one so I dont need the adapter.
 
Does it involve some kind of foam mattress and 3 more monitors?

Btw, I've been to Memphis and there are plenty of shacks :)
 
Does it involve some kind of foam mattress and 3 more monitors?

Btw, I've been to Memphis and there are plenty of shacks :)

The room is pretty well sound insulated, but the foam is to eliminate the reverb in the room because of the stuff that is behind me.

DSC00410.jpg

DSC00350.jpg
 
an active displayport adapter for your existing monitors?

Bingo. I can't wait to see what the games I play look like with it. BF2, 2142, CS:S, TF2, Fallout 3, and Hell... I might even try out some flightsim x and cod4 while I am at it. I am not really concerned with the frame rates as long as the games play fluid, I am more about how immersible this technology can be.
 
The wait is no more, the adapter came in today. I will post up some reviews of games a little latter on, but do not expect it to be fps... this will be all about experience. Here is just a little pick.

DSC00415.jpg
 
Looks nice! I am waiting on an better solution for the 3rd monitor than a $100 adapter. Once ATI, or anyone for that matter, can put something out for less than $50 I will jump on a 5870. Otherwise its like paying $480 for the card which I just can't justify :(

Out of curiousity, how wide is your desk and what size monitors are those?

Here's to hoping a $50 adapter and $50 MIR soon....
 
Plus I think a lot of people fail to realize is that you are only investing in the monitors one time, it will not be something that you update like cpu's and video cards.

I've updated monitors more than I've updated computers the last 3.5 years... From 1600x1200 CRTs to 2048x1536 CRTs to 37" 1080p monitor to 30" 2560x1600 monitors.

In that time period I've used two computers, the second one I got less than six months ago.
 
that's pretty nice...not for me personally as I wouldn't want to keep moving my head around so much when gaming...
 
Looks nice! I am waiting on an better solution for the 3rd monitor than a $100 adapter. Once ATI, or anyone for that matter, can put something out for less than $50 I will jump on a 5870. Otherwise its like paying $480 for the card which I just can't justify :(

Out of curiousity, how wide is your desk and what size monitors are those?

Here's to hoping a $50 adapter and $50 MIR soon....

My desk is about 42" and the monitors are fhd2400's. It's very tight on my desk as I plan on building one as soon as I get my work shop out back setup. I just bought the house in mid july and I am buying furniture and home electronics first as I didn't have much to begin with.

I've updated monitors more than I've updated computers the last 3.5 years... From 1600x1200 CRTs to 2048x1536 CRTs to 37" 1080p monitor to 30" 2560x1600 monitors.

In that time period I've used two computers, the second one I got less than six months ago.

I can understand that. Needless to say I have had the same monitor before this setup for two years.

that's pretty nice...not for me personally as I wouldn't want to keep moving my head around so much when gaming...

I really don't move my head that much when playing, it's more of an immersion effect that allows you to see out of the corner of you eye. One thing I will say about this setup is that it is awesome for watching pron, viewing threads, and playing games all at the same time.
 
Back
Top