The US Owes The World $4 Trillion For Trashing The Climate

Science does prize never ending scrutiny, within the scientific method. Simply throwing out FUD and painfully mis-interpreting data being called out as such isn't balking at criticism.

Broad brush classifying criticism in as FUD and misinterpretation is exactly that.

And scaring children about the fate of a baby polar bear isn't FUD?

Talking with an affect of condescension doesn't mean the condescension is justified.

Wouldn't it be awful if we wrong about global warming and became energy independent, Saudi Arabia didn't get hundreds of billions in revenue per year to spread their extremist Wahabist agenda?

Man, that would be so terrible. Just think of the cleaner air we'd leave our children and grandchildren, they'd definitely be pissed about that. Hopefully we spend another few trillion bombing mud huts and then paying Haliburton to rebuild them....'murica!

Also, to address only one of many points, polar bear population:

http://www.polarbearsinternational....ntists-say/are-polar-bear-populations-booming
http://wwf.panda.org/what_we_do/where_we_work/arctic/wildlife/polar_bear/population/

We could be independent right now. We have more natural gas than we can use in 200 years.
Make it so fleet trucks and all the 18 wheelers run on LP or NG, replace the coal with NG build the pipeline from Canada, Use those oils for heating.
Put people to work building gas lines to more homes in the North East and move away from fuel oil.
How about all that gas and oil under state and federal land be brought to market by the governments, not the oil companies, to be sold at fair market value. With the money going to help pay down the national debt, help pay for all these programs we barrow money to pay for.
With all the gasses we can produce LP, NG, methane, they burn clean so lets use them.

They called it global warming, when we figured out the world is not warming they changed the name to climate change.
If it snows it is climate change, if there is a drought or a flood it is climate change.
These things have been going on for a zillion years.
If Al Gore were not getting so rich off of it I may buy it. But he is one of the loudest advocates of this.
Just makes me think, follow the money.

We could be independent right now. We have more natural gas than we can use in 200 years.
Make it so fleet trucks and all the 18 wheelers run on LP or NG, replace the coal with NG build the pipeline from Canada, Use those oils for heating.
Put people to work building gas lines to more homes in the North East and move away from fuel oil.
How about all that gas and oil under state and federal land be brought to market by the governments, not the oil companies, to be sold at fair market value. With the money going to help pay down the national debt, help pay for all these programs we barrow money to pay for.
With all the gasses we can produce LP, NG, methane, they burn clean so lets use them.

They called it global warming, when we figured out the world is not warming they changed the name to climate change.
If it snows it is climate change, if there is a drought or a flood it is climate change.
These things have been going on for a zillion years.
If Al Gore were not getting so rich off of it I may buy it. But he is one of the loudest advocates of this.
Just makes me think, follow the money.
See I hear this argument and it makes me come to the opposite conclusion. I mean you say all the money Al Gore is getting. He has about 200 million right now, the vast majority he got from selling tech stocks and a television network. That's peanuts compared to the money involved here. I mean the oil industry is worth anywhere from 30-150 trillion, depending on how you want to measure it, based on the oil still out there. If you look at them right now however, the top 10 companies are worth about 1.6 trillion easy. So when "you follow the money", nobody comes close to what the oil industry has in the game. So shouldn't we be following THAT money? I mean it's only 20,000x more than what Al Gore has and has a LOT more to gain from the message being controlled.

In the future the Sun is going to run out of fuel and implode and all life on earth will end.
How are we going to make that not happen?
I would worry more about having no Sun than global warming where the Earth has not warmed up at all.

A little bit warmer vs no Sun and we freeze to death.

In the future the Sun is going to run out of fuel and implode and all life on earth will end.
I would worry more about having no Sun than global warming where the Earth has not warmed up at all.

We'll be long gone before that could ever happen as the sun is expanding and will encompass earth and half way to mars or so....but that's 5 billion or so years down the road and if nothing changes.

The world should be more worried about nuclear weapon warming than global warming with the current radical regimes.

The rest of the world should be paying us $4tril a year *not* to blow them up with nukes. We are the greatest country on earth and if they can like they can cease existing.

Actually, as the sun ages, it's going to expand. We aren't going to have to worry about cooling because the sun is going to cook the planet REAL good before that's a problem.

Actually, as the sun ages, it's going to expand. We aren't going to have to worry about cooling because the sun is going to cook the planet REAL good before that's a problem.

Well then, we have a REAL bright future to look forward to. :eek:

Well then, we have a REAL bright future to look forward to. :eek:

You'll have to wear shades.

And 10-trillion sunblock.

And have someone following you around to spritz you with liquid nitrogen.

And stick a popsicle up your ass.

Why? I DON'T KNOW!

Back