the unofficial "post your digital camera equipment" thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozziegn

The man behind the curtain...
I was looking at a "post your camera bag" thread on another forum and I found it very interesting to see what other people have so I decided to try that here but I'd like you folks to post pics of your entire camera collection if possible. not only will it give me some ideas but other people as well...

so please, post some pics of your camera(s), bag(s), tripod(s) and whatever else you own. please be sure to provide any info on such things as tripods, head and bags so people can check them out further if they so desire.

I'll start with mine:

my 10D coupled with a 24-70 f2.8L:

equip1.jpg

equip4.jpg

a shot of my Bogen 3001BPRO tripod coupled with a Bogen 322RC2 grip action ball head.

equip5.jpg

-thats all I have for now. so please post any shots of your camera equipment so people like myself can get some ideas on stuff that I may not already have or might need in the future. but please remember to provide product links so we dont have 25 people saying, "hey man, where'd ya get that camera case, dude???"

Here are a few VERY quick shots. I'm at work and things are busy or I'd put it together better. The only thing missing is my tripod, which is out in the car and we're too busy for me to run out and get it, and the Oly C-740 I took the pics with. Can't figure out how to take a picture of it..I think I need a mirror hehe.

Everything here is Ebay purchased..I just bought the film camera and the lenses. All-in-all I'm pleased..having alot of fun and learning. 35mm is neat, but VERY expensive, esp. when you're not good at it.hehe.

Love your pics Ozzie, you were my inspiration for buying an Oly as I've been following you since you Oly 2100UZ days.

croww

Camera%20and%20Lenses.jpg

Bag%20Packed.jpg

Whole%20Set.jpg

Originally posted by croww
Love your pics Ozzie, you were my inspiration for buying an Oly as I've been following you since you Oly 2100UZ days.

thanks.

besides my current 10D camera, I'd have to say that my most favorite digi-cam was my C-2100. that camera took some amazing pics for only being a 2.1MP camera.

This connects to my computer through the USB connection. This is the only part I can show you while the camera is in action. :)
Picture003.jpg

equipment1.jpg

equipment2.jpg

PLus 10D+17-40mm L not shown here. For bag I use Tenba P695Pro to cary most of the stuffs.

wolfio

thats a pretty nice collection of goodies that you've got there.

how about giving us a list of what lenses those are...

How much were those 2 L lenses ozzie? I'm thinking about switching to the dSLR once I get some cash but I know the L lenses are rather pricey. I enjoy my Olympus C-5060WZ....but a Canon 10D would complement me well :D

Nice equipment guys....planning on picking up a bogen monopod.

Originally posted by torment
How much were those 2 L lenses ozzie?

way too much... :( :( :(

the 24-70 f2.8L was something like $1150 and the 70-200 f2.8L IS sells for something like $1600.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

tell me about it.

and thats not nothin'. you can EASILY pay two to three times that on L lenses that have greater focal lengths than what the 70-200 f2.8L IS has.

its crazy...

Damn...that is so much....oh well. Guess if I just had to buy it once, it wouldn't be so bad....but on a college budget, this blows ass. Hoping to have enough money to get a 10D this year...gotta sell my Olympus first...

Nice equipment though...gotta save up for the good stuff..

click for full view
this is my cell phone camera, gives me a stunning 640x480!

will post rest of setup soon: just need to make a mirror setup :)

Originally posted by ozziegn
wolfio

thats a pretty nice collection of goodies that you've got there.

how about giving us a list of what lenses those are...

300D obviously
10D
17-40mm "L"
Sigma Macro 105mm EX
18-55mm EF-S kit lens Canon
28-135mm IS Canon
50mm MK2 Canon
1.4X TC Canon
15mm EX Sigma Fisheye
300mm IS "L" Lens F4.0
70-200mm F2.8 "L" Non-IS
Sigma EF-500 Super DG
Tripod is Bogen 3001N
Monopod is 682B
Heads are 468RC2 and 3030

oh yeah forgot to mention canon rebel G :)

i'm curious ozzie, it seems that all the pictures I've seen from you in the last year or more have been of your photography or computer equipment. the last photos i remember are the ones from your c-2100uz. why not show us some of the certainly wonderful photos you've taken with your excellent gear.

Could we change the title to 'post your camera equipment'. I feel like I am being disadvantaged, and unable to participate in this thread because I feel its bias towards digital equipment. What makes my film Camera inferrior to digital, awww common pleaze can I post my film stuff!

:D

Originally posted by Eigtball
Could we change the title to 'post your camera equipment'. I feel like I am being disadvantaged, and unable to participate in this thread because I feel its bias towards digital equipment. What makes my film Camera inferrior to digital, awww common pleaze can I post my film stuff!

:D

shhhh.........some of us already did ;)

Originally posted by wolfio

28-135mm IS Canon

What's your personal opinion of that lens?

I'm looking for something that has a bit more range than the 18-55 that came with the kit but not too big of a lens.

Canon Powershot G5 + extra battery and 256meg flash card
Epson Photosmart 7660 (Prints really good for the 6x4's that i've messed with)
Yashica FX103 program (buts its broken at the moment :( :( )
Lenses for the Yashica
Starblitz flash that works on both cameras

lenses.jpg

edit: the second one doesnt fit on this camera and i have nfi why we have it
100_0004.JPG

100_0007.JPG

crappy on camera flash on the last one P:

edit: no pics of my digital one since i cant be bothered to find the crappy pic of it i took through a mirror
edit again: G5. not a good picture since i took it at 1AM to what i remember
g5.jpg

Originally posted by HaRdLiNe
What's your personal opinion of that lens?

I'm looking for something that has a bit more range than the 18-55 that came with the kit but not too big of a lens.

It's an "OK" lens. I rarely using it, i use the 17-40mm more. It's much bigger than 18-55 lens as you can see from the pics.

Originally posted by Mr_Bucket
making these threads everywhere now arent ya?:p

dont start in on me here too you little shit head....

I started this thread a few days ago and it'd be just as well to me if you kept your sorry ass out of my thread.

you obviously have a terrible reputation of bragging about how your stuff is better than everyone elses' so it'd be best if you just tucked your tail between your legs and left while you're ahead.

Woah! DOWN, BOY! :p

I'll take this thread back on track, and save you(and myself) the trouble of some silly little "display" since everyone knows what the items I'm about to list looks like:

- Canon 10D body + BG-ED3 Battery Grip
- Canon Elan 7e body + BP-300 Battery Grip
- Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Super Macro
- Sigma 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 II Macro
- Sigma 17-35mm f/2.8-4.0 HSM
- Canon Speedlite 550EX
- Wired Remote Switch
- .....and various filters for all lenses, etc.

- Canon A70 (3Mp) digicam
- Nikon Coolpix 4300 (4Mp) digicam
- Sony TRV-320 Handycam + 2.0x teleconverter lens

...and more CF cards than one can shake a stick at. There! *sigh*

I think I'm going to get a 10D somewhat soon....next couple months or so. Is there a cheaper, reputable site than some of the more expensive camera stores online? I'm looking at $1450+ on all of the sites I know...

I think I'm going to get a 10D somewhat soon....next couple months or so. Is there a cheaper, reputable site than some of the more expensive camera stores online? I'm looking at $1450+ on all of the sites I know...

All I can say is, just keep looking for the occasional "special" on it's price. Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. I was able to get mine from CC @ $1350, I think + free shipping. Patience is the key. ;)

$1400 - $1500 is about the going rate for a new 10D. you can probably find one cheaper at one of those fly-by-night shops like Digital Liquidators but you'd be asking for trouble.

so your best bet is just to buy from a reputable retailor knowing that they'll stand behind themselves.

Originally posted by royjr
All I can say is, just keep looking for the occasional "special" on it's price. Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. I was able to get mine from CC @ $1350, I think + free shipping. Patience is the key. ;)

heh, my first 10D came from Circuit City.com for something like $1350 (plus 7% FL sales tax :mad: ) and boy was that a huge nightmare.

the camera I got from them had several dead pixels which I wasnt going to accept. so I called them and told them I had a defective unit. basically they told me to either live with it or return it to a local CC store cuz they didnt have anymore in their warehouses.

make a long story short, I ended up buying my 10D locally for $1500 (plus tax :( ) but at least I could test the camera right then and there for any problems w/o them giving me any slack.

moral of my story is sometimes shopping for the best deal doesnt always turn out the way its supposed to.

Thanks guys....guess I'll have to wait a little longer..

To stay on topic:

Olympus C-5060WZ
Tamrac Bag
Cheapie Wally World Tripod

Don't have another camera to take a picture of this one.

dont start in on me here too you little shit head....

I started this thread a few days ago and it'd be just as well to me if you kept your sorry ass out of my thread.

you obviously have a terrible reputation of bragging about how your stuff is better than everyone elses' so it'd be best if you just tucked your tail between your legs and left while you're ahead.

temper temper!

you have been behaving quite badly lately, both here and other places.

Originally posted by Mr_Bucket
you have been behaving quite badly lately, both here

oh really?

okay then Mr. Tough Guy.

go ahead and point out some links where I have been behaving quite badly HERE lately..... (we'll leave out the other place for another time... :rolleyes: )

and by the way, why is it that you CONTINUE to get on my nerves?

you must be one of those kids in school who hangs out by themselves and doesnt have any friends because of how ANNOYING they (meaning you) really are.

your behaving quite immature right now, and i suggest you calm down a bit...

i need to take a pic of my stuff when i get a chance... not too impressive... sucks when you have to pay for everything yourself right bucket ;) (i kid, i kid)

anyways

i gots

Canon 10D + BG-ED 3 battery grip
Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS
Canon 80-200 f4.5-5.6
1x SanDisk 512Mb CF Ultra II
5x Canon BP511's
1x Canon BP512 (argh, this thing is useless now :()

oh really?

okay then Mr. Tough Guy.

go ahead and point out some links where I have been behaving quite badly HERE lately..... (we'll leave out the other place for another time... :rolleyes: )

and by the way, why is it that you CONTINUE to get on my nerves?

you must be one of those kids in school who hangs out by themselves and doesnt have any friends because of how ANNOYING they (meaning you) really are.
i quoted it

stop trying to escalate it...

both of you stop now please

I don't have any pics yet but my dad just baught the Sony F828 or something, all i knwo so far is that its 8mp it rox! it has some red lazer thingy that shoots at the area that hte picture will be taken,

Canon G5
672mb of Compact Flash memory.
Media carrying case by Hakuba
Three BP-511 battery packs (Canon, Digital Concepts, and Rayovak)
One Mini-Tripod
Full size tripod
Two carrying cases (one full size, one compact)
One Lenmar 30 minute lithium ion charger with car charger
Wide-angle lens plus adapter for canon g5
Lens care kit

Canon G5
Lenmark Alpha Mach-1 30min Li-Ion Charger
256mb CF Lexar 40x
256mb CF SanDisk Ultra II
128mb Lexar 12x
32mb Canon
Slik Tripod
Carrying case
Lens Clean kit
Rayovak BP-511 battery
Canon BP-511 battery
Digital Concepts BP-511 battery

ozziegn you're a fucking asshat and you're just as bad if not worse than bucket. all you do on this forum is show of your shit and i'm getting absolutely fucking tired of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back