The "Ultimate" System. ;)

Emission

Supreme [H]ardness
What Were you expecting SLi 7800 GTXs with 8GB of RAM? Cmon :p

Pentium III 933
gigaram 512mb SDRAM PC133
Rosewill GeForce 6600 256MB DDR 128-bit AGP 4x/8x
PSU (Either my Rosewill RP500 or my Enermax Noisetaker 420W, not sure yet).
Enermax Case (Forgot the model, will update on that soon).
Gigabyte ga-6vxe7+ rev 3.0
KINGWIN KCU-7025 70mm Copper HSF

Now, you have to realize something here. This system will last incredibly long. The P3 doesn't run hot much at all, which makes for an incredibly quiet environment, and will lengthen the life of the CPU. Theres plenty of ram to handle day-to-day things and game with, and the speed isnt far behind DDR and the like. The GPU can handle most games on medium which is my ideal area. I dont need any fancy 230492x AA 23405972x AF :p . Plenty of PSU power and a case that will showcase the beautiful P3 :cool: . Thoughts? I thought you might get a kick out of this, lol. Also, the Xbox has lower specifications than this and manages great graphics :D .

Xbox Specs:
Pentium III 733
Some odd Nvidia GPU
64 MB RAM.

Emission said:
Also, the Xbox has lower specifications than this and manages great graphics :D .

Yes, but isn't software designed for the Xbox totally optimized for running on the Xbox hardware, whereas general software for your PC has to handle many different kinds?

The xbox software isnt much different, to be honest. Ive been there and modded xboxes before, I'd know. Well if anything I have roughly 100~300MHz OC'ing headroom. Trust me, for settings on low to medium it will handle it.

What Were you expecting SLi 7800 GTXs with 8GB of RAM? Cmon
Actually, i was expecting, Crossfire 1900 XTs with a 150gb Raptor or maybe two in Raid 0 and a FX-60 with a DFI expert mobo..

but that p3 933mhz won't take you far... one day you will get so mad switching between FireFox and Adobe PDF reader and Word with all the lag, you will decide to build a "good"
computer and wonder why you have been wasting your time with that :p

I remember my switch from a p3 450Mhz with 128mb of pc133 ram and a 8mb RagePro (lol..Ragepro) to a p4 3.2Ghz Northwood with 1gb of ram and a Nvidia 5900XT...
it was the best feeling ever..the smooth multitasking with hypterthreading..and all that gaming power

I might not go through with it lol. Im gonna go through a test setup and see how she handles first. I'd probably go more along the lines of low-end LGA 755 P4 with HT and a lower end GPU, maybe a 6800 PCI-E. To be honest, I wanted to build it for the sake of being able to say that this system can handle it. I mean cmon, I installed windows xp on a P II 350 and it was pretty fast :p .

I was seriously thinking of getting a 6600 agp for my athlon tbird 1gig/128mb system.

Well I think that the only thing the old system needs is more ram. Ill be sure to test first.

Emission said:
I might not go through with it lol. Im gonna go through a test setup and see how she handles first. I'd probably go more along the lines of low-end LGA 755 P4 with HT and a lower end GPU, maybe a 6800 PCI-E. To be honest, I wanted to build it for the sake of being able to say that this system can handle it. I mean cmon, I installed windows xp on a P II 350 and it was pretty fast :p .
Yeah but don't waste money heh
If anything put some h2o on that set-up and see how much of a OC it can handle but make sure to film it! ;)

If I were to H20 that sucker id hope it gets me results. Heres a more reasonable choice:

eVGA GeForce 6600GT 128MB GDDR3 AGP 4x/8x
MSI PM8M3-V Socket T (LGA 775) mATX
Intel Celeron D 336 Prescott 533MHz FSB LGA 775 64-Bit
MASSCOOL 8W0141B1M3G 90mm Ball HSF
Arctic Silver Cermaique

All of that runs me at $302.49 Shipped. I've got all the other neccessary stuff, RAM, PSU, Case, and such, and its about $100 more than what id pay to upgrade the PIII with the RAM, Card, and HSF. Many people say these Celerons are very fast, so I see a good buy :)

Anyone have any suggestions or comments about these Celeron D's ? They look pretty good but im not sure...

A Celeron's a Celeron: a crippled L2 cache and (generally) lower max speeds (both CPU and FSB) compared to the "normal" Intel chips. I would suggest a 6xx-series P4 over a Celeron D, especially if you plan on doing any multitasking or gaming. (Or go the AMD route; they generally run cooler than the Intel processors running the same tasks....)

EDIT: I don't have enough time to give comparision specs, but I will the first chance that I get....

Thanks, its just that, I need to keep the upgrades (CPU & Mobo Included) under $300. Then I need a GFX card..Im not sure if I can keep with that budget, it might end up raising a little.

Back