The Twelve Days of Vault-Tec

skip to about the 3:30 mark and it is bearable. Would be better if they had the McKenzie brothers doing it.

I lost all interest in the Fallout Franchise after the abortion that was Fallout 4: The Search For The Sims.

Seriously, for a guy who proudly still owns the instruction manual for Fallout 1 and 2, I am now permanently soured on the entire fucking franchise. It took just one terrible game to do it.

The reality is Fallout 4 sold vastly more copies than it's predecessor, so EA is going to keep satisfying the idiots who don't want to play an post-apocalyptic FPS RPG.

I lost all interest in the Fallout Franchise after the abortion that was Fallout 4: The Search For The Sims.

Seriously, for a guy who proudly still owns the instruction manual for Fallout 1 and 2, I am now permanently soured on the entire fucking franchise. It took just one terrible game to do it.

The reality is Fallout 4 sold vastly more copies than it's predecessor, so EA is going to keep satisfying the idiots who don't want to play an post-apocalyptic FPS RPG.

Boohoo.

I own the original 1 and 2 as well, and their respective awesome instruction books, and loved 4. Cold have been better, was surpassed by Witcher. Still loved it.

Go back to your vinyl collection.

This awful song on the other hand....

your argument would be a lot better if you actually were aware of the developer of the game. Which is not EA. I fucking hate what Sony did with Halo 5 on the Nintendo Wii U.

You must be a blast at restaurants, one bad chicken tender and that entire corporate chain is garbage forever!

FO4 was a really fun game, wasted lots of hours there. Not every game made will be what everyone wants, that is how artwork goes.

Fallout shelter would be a good one to blame ruining the franchise, not fo4...

I don't talk about things like this at restaurants, unless I'm hanging out with my geeky friends. You know, like me posting in a Fallout thread about my experience and opinion. IF you didn't want to hear, you wouldn't enter the thread. You can insult me all you want, it's not changing my opinion, or your shallowness, both in game and in this thread :D

Compared to the amazing compromise and storyline that is FO3, FO4 feels weak. Character interactions are genericized with that stupid 4-way conversation system, and the stories that are behind the weak interface feel repetitious, even for you average fallout adventure. FO3 had the more traditional detailed list of conversation options, unlocked by skills.

They ruined VATS by making it slow time instead of pause, like it was in FO3. You could keep your combat nicely balanced between old-school tactical FO2 style, and new-school FO3, and change-up between AP and FPS whenever the situation suited. But they broke that wonderful thing.

I'm not fast enough to deal with the super-speed opponents in FO4, and VATS usually moves too slow to be useful, because of the delay in executing your orders, and the moving targets.

I can work around this annoyance learning the clunky FPS system better, or get a mod to make it like old times, but the rest of the game was not rewarding enough to be worth the effort. After 20 hours, and the incredible disappointment of the characters at Diamond City AND multiple side quests, I shelved it. Other annoyances: got tired of treating Power Armor like it's my car that needs to be gassed-up consonantly, even though no previous game in the series requires fuel for them.

POWER ARMOR EARLY, but like RPGs with offensive magic, most of the time you don't use it outside boss fights. SO...BORING. They turneed a late-game OPTIONAL bonus into "hey, everyone has this shit, and is a qualified mechanic."

Also, got tired of side quest characters being mostly invincible, all in an effort to show me how under-powered I am. I can't find any challenge when the NPC does all the work for me. I'm sure at so e point later I get a real challenge, but for now I died of boredom.

Last edited:
Back