The Totally Awesome Directron Drawing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still run a few Athlon 64 Venice processors in random boxes. They handle Ubuntu great and have definitely stayed useful for a very long time. Good gear.

I've been using AMD since the K6-2 days. Loved my K6-3+ 450 that ran @ 600 without breaking a sweat. Went from there to a Slot A 700, etc. You couldn't beat the price/performance ratio. Plus I like rooting for the underdog. Currently using a Phenom II 720 X3. A six core would be a nice upgrade. :)

After my motherboard got fried from a storm (or being that it was old as balls), I went from an E8400 to the Phenom II X4 965 BE because I was a little tight on a budget. I couldn't be happier. It chews through games along with my 6950 and the Catalyst software makes it easier to monitor both CPU and GPU without having multiple programs open. I was doubtful of AMD but I am a true believer! Power and performance at a low cost, just what the doctor ordered!

switched friends and family over to fusion processors and ive been loving them

It's easy why I prefer AMD they are the underdog producing well made products at a better price point than intel and Nvidia. My first ever card was an ATI all in wonder back in my everquest days. Still run AMD now. and as soon as BD comes out ill be moving completely off intel.

AMD has a valuable product. They may not be as powerful as Intel, but the price to performance is a good matrix and putting together a few of these CPUs into a system can get you a better experience for cheaper than an Intel solution.

CHECK YOUR PM BOXES - WINNERS HAVE BEEN DRAWN AT RANDOM AND PM'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back