The time has come for a new comp...

jamezzz122

Supreme [H]ardness
Well this time it is a Shuttle! Here are my components so far...

Already got...
-9500np video card

Gonna get...
Shuttle SB75G2
Intel P4 2.4C
Western Digital 80GB SE
Audigy 2 ZS

Unsure on the RAM though...
I was thinking of this GeIL...What do you guys think? Get it? Or should I get something else? I am planning on getting PC3200 and want to spend about $200 on a gig give or take. I plan on OCing only to around 3GHZ give or take.

Anything you wanna change? Anything I am missing? I am planning on buying soon...

i love that lil computer in a box. Its reminds me of a gamecube. But better of course. I dont think you need anything higher than a pc2700 ram. And nice sound card, wish i can aford it. I dont know if shuttles let you upgrade your video card but why not but a video card? Better something than none and 200 dollars can buy you a bare minimium.

I dont think you need anything higher than a pc2700 ram.
IMHO i think this is very inaccurate. i would say pc-3200 at the very LEAST. i myself would get either mushkin level 2, kingston hyperX, or corsair XMS. also if ur gonna OC than id say pc-3500 again is the MINIMUM.
I dont know if shuttles let you upgrade your video card but why not but a video card? Better something than none and 200 dollars can buy you a bare minimium.
?? dont really understand. yes u can upgrade ur video card on a shuttle.

Originally posted by jamestime88
IMHO i think this is very inaccurate. i would say pc-3200 at the very LEAST. i myself would get either mushkin level 2, kingston hyperX, or corsair XMS. also if ur gonna OC than id say pc-3500 again is the MINIMUM.

I am definately taking this into consideration...Everything else looks good?

Come on guys! Let the thoughts fly!

Originally posted by Volkswagen
yes another person moving to SFF :cool:

Mushkin LEvel II ;)

Yeah...I was bite by the Shuttle bug:D

I was thinking of Mushkin Level II but it was too much money...I don't plan on OCing TOO high...Only to around 3.0 or so...

Well here is what I was thinking...

Since the Shuttle which I am getting only allows up to a 255 fsb, I was thinking of gettign some good DDR400 ram and running at 5:4 divider...What do you think about that? Now which DDR400 should I get?

if you can get some of those ddr 400 with CH-4 chips, then that'll be great. They're cheap as chips and can overclock like hell

also, maybe a 120 gig hd or a 160 gig since u arent gonna be able to toss another in in the future. hang around the deals forums and im sure i can get a very good deal on one (probably cheaper than the 80gigger from newegg)

Originally posted by homIcIde
also, maybe a 120 gig hd or a 160 gig since u arent gonna be able to toss another in in the future. hang around the deals forums and im sure i can get a very good deal on one (probably cheaper than the 80gigger from newegg)

Yeah I will defiantely keep that in mind then...Now back to RAM!!!

What is some decent PC3200 that can let me run 250FSB at 5:4?!?

Back