The Summer is coming to an END

BLG

Limp Gawd
and with it so is my summer project. i must say im in love with this thing that i put together, its near completion and im soo happy, i've put a lot of time and money into and its looks very nice. But i have one dilema, after the summer i begin college at Maryland, College Park, which i'm pumped for... but i fear for my creation, maybe im being paranoid or are my fears legit. Any advice for me or ways of protecting my baby. or you can slap me and tell me im losing it and im way to paranoid and that i need to be a man and grow up...but please dont :(

I feared for my generic dell laptop when I was in the dorm. Dorms are just full of so many idiots that you never know what is going to happen. I breathe much easier now that I have my own apartment and my own room with which to house my valuable electronics.

Just let it be known to all the people on your hall that if anything happens to your rig that there will be hell to pay.

thats what im thinking, idiots everywhere, especially when there drunk. so i mean if ne one were to touch it...well you might read about it in the paper "freshman at college goes on killing rampage after someone brushed against his PC in a 'disproving manner'" but im starting to get more and more nervous just being how much i love my new pc.

I can't be the only one feeling this type of anxiety am i?

Relax man. I built a brand new rig for school and I still have it. Just keep your door locked and you should have nothing to worry about.

I guess, i actually was just talking to my cousin about it and was saying that if my roommate were to ever leave the door open or unlocked and ne thing happened he'd get an ass whoopin

get one of those stick on locks that they use in libraries and stuff, it has a sticker that u attach to a PC lets say and then a metal wire and then another stick on thing that u can attach to a table if anythin.
so if they wanna steal ur rig, theyll take ur table too :p

Just make it very clear to your new roomie that if any of your shit turns up missing on his watch it's his ass.

Makes me glad I don't have to live in a dorm. I mean somebody would be dead by the end of the first week. Being evil, I have a low tolerance for the bullshit of others.

Don't do what evil said, that will make your roommate think your a paranoid prick. Just make sure to lock the door all the time and if that annoys your roommate tell him why so it can be justified. That is all.

lol, i'm worrying the same thing. Especially once I get the watercooling and all in it... makes me feel rather nervous. I was hoping for my friend to get in the college i'm going to, and be my roomate so I'd konw my stuff was secure... but no such luck. I've got a guy coming straight from Moscow, so he better know that we don't take kindly to sharing :)

n64man120 said:
lol, i'm worrying the same thing. Especially once I get the watercooling and all in it... makes me feel rather nervous. I was hoping for my friend to get in the college i'm going to, and be my roomate so I'd konw my stuff was secure... but no such luck. I've got a guy coming straight from Moscow, so he better know that we don't take kindly to sharing :)

Sadly when I went to school no one gave a shit. Honestly. Maybe you can meet someone into that stuff but I never did. then again I am in East Texas....

Yea well, im thinking of buying a lot and i was gonna drill a hole in the bottom of my case and teh bottom of the desk, and strap a steal lock through it so you cant lift it up but then it would be a pain in the ass for myself to move it, undueing the lock and all...but ill think of something i like the library idea...damnit dorms are fun and i cant wait...but im still fuckign nervous for my rig!!!! :(

I dunno what to tell you except prepare for the worst. When I lived in the dorms all my stuff was messed with on a regular basis. If word gets out that you are anal about your computer then don't be surprised when you come home one day to find your wallpaper replaced with midget pr0n.

OH i wont let it get that far, and i'll post pictures in a little bit gotta find my digicam :p

Destonomos said:
Don't do what evil said, that will make your roommate think your a paranoid prick. Just make sure to lock the door all the time and if that annoys your roommate tell him why so it can be justified. That is all.
Nobody never said I wasn't a paranoid Prick :p

hey i wouldnt mind being known as a parnoid prick as long as no one touches the case... and of course as long as teh ladies don't mind it...but if they do ill have to give up my semi-evil ways

Most cases these days have the lock loops to prevent opening the case. use a small lock and a security wire to lock the case and attach the case to the desk. Sure they can just use wirecutters, but that is a determined theif. If you really want to be anal about someone getting on your computer, buy one of those MS fingerprint scanners. No inconvenience for you, pain in the ass for anyone else. Make sure you password protect the bios and make a password on startup. Really prevents anyone from fucking with your shit unless they are really determined.

You can even have fun with the fingerprint scanner and create a generic account with no privilages for anyone else who uses it.

the problem with it being known that you are a paranoid prick is you now become a target because of it.
It is your FIRST year. you should be too busy to lock yourself in your room playing DOOM3 or whatever.Get out ther and meet everyone, party and find out where your classes are (I'm not saying you ahve to go)
What I'd recomend is (if you are that worried about your box) move in, feel it out then bring it to campus after a month or at Christmas

Oh im gonna party my ass off. i must say im a little worried that i might even do something to my rig if im drunk enough lol that would be real bad...wouldnt know how to handle that...
you have to understand i dont want all my hard work and money spent to go down the drain, because of an asshole/idiot

I take it your highschool was boring....or you werent 'included' in all the activities....hehe

after the summer i begin college at Maryland, College Park

Oh yeah, we got another Terrapin. =D

In terms of dealing with a roomie, just make it clear he shouldn't be touching it. I let other "enthusiasts" touch it, but most newbs know its off limits. Plus my roomie started getting used to seeing me working on the case right on the floor. So no big deal.

Oh...fall is going to be HOT in the freshmen dorms. Get some nice fans for yourself...and use a conservative OC on your PC. Wait until the winter if you really want to OC (ambient = 18's vs. 30's in the fall).

I'd like to see this creation of yours :)

maybe you should just get a prebuilt computer like a dell for school, that way its less likely to attract too much attention , or just use a generic looking case :)

Dillusion said:
I take it your highschool was boring....or you werent 'included' in all the activities....hehe

your funny...actually my high school life was awesome, including a lot of partying the difference is i know that watever i do at home is safe there were no one will touch it...get the picture big boy.

And Mav ill let you see my baby that im so proud of, i was thinking of water cooling it once i get to maryland mid year some time not sure. but ill PM you when i move down there and get my dorn info and stuff.

y do you say that? arent you posting to this thread. dont waste your time insulting someone you know little about either post, to answer the thread or give a little insite or humor but insulting isnt very nice

Back