The Small Things in Life...Android Msg Gets "Mark as Read" on Notifications

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
"Mark as Read" for Android Messages is now a reality in v2.3 If you are a Android smartphone owner, you know the pain in not being able to mark those text messages read from the notification screen. Enjoy.

I've had this for months... wtf?
Must not be using android messenger then. If i replied to someone directly from the notification it still showed up as an unread message even after my reply. Looks like they finally fixed it.

I've had this for months on the official android messenger, I honestly didn't even notice it as a new feature. It was just there one day and I was like, "eh." I guess that was something added in the O beta that just doesn't matter to me.

I've been using this feature for months now on my Lenovo P2. For me it shows only 'Read' as the second option, but the problem is that it doesn't work from time to time. I keep tapping it and nothing happens: neither the notification goes away, nor my message gets marked as read.
Did you guys come across this? Is this an issue with stock Android code or model specific?

I've had this a very long time on the standard messaging app that is on my Note 5. It came with the 7.0 update. Marking as read also shows up on the senders phone that I read the message. Pretty much everyone I text or receive texts from use Samsung phones so it's probably a feature that we have due to Samsung using their own applications. It's a great feature.

Back