The Sims 2 starts everytime I turn my computer on?

Sloth_Boy

Limp Gawd
This is strange. Ever since I installed the sims 2, my computer runs the game everytime the computer boots. I've check the msconfig startup list and its not in there. Does anyone know how I can stop the sims 2 from starting everytime I turn my computer on?

Cheers!
*Please make threads in their proper subforums*

Check your startup folder in your list of all programs in the start menu. If it's there attempt removing it, and if that doesn't work i would advise reinstalling the game

no one told you? the Sims is a virus that infects your pc its worst than starforce.

The Sims 2 autorun automatically starts the game. For some reason, your computer is deciding to run the autorun each time it loads Windows...

God is punishing you for playing such a game. Uninstall before things get a little more out of control.

But really, simply take out the disc. I'd reccomend never leaving discs in the CD-ROM drive when not in use, and for that matter, don't keep Dance-Pad's plugged in either. My computer insists on booting off of them. :S

The SIMS have finally broken free!!! They can start up themselves now, let them run FREEE!!! Open all the ports in your firewall and wait for the phones to ring!!

Try looking here in your registry:

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

See if there's any referenced in there. I've seen a few things in there that didn't show in Startup of msconfig.

thanks all of you for your suggestions. I'm using a No-CD exe (dont worry, I bought the game). The thing is, this NO-CD key requires a CD Image so I made an ISO of my sims disc. It's really handy as I dont have to manually insert the disc. So the ISO loads on startup which could cause the self-boot.

I'll try changing the exe and looking in the registry.

Cheers!

Sloth_Boy said:
thanks all of you for your suggestions. I'm using a No-CD exe (dont worry, I bought the game). The thing is, this NO-CD key requires a CD Image so I made an ISO of my sims disc. It's really handy as I dont have to manually insert the disc. So the ISO loads on startup which could cause the self-boot.

I'll try changing the exe and looking in the registry.

Cheers!
All of that trouble to run without a cd? You sure you just didn't get it from a torrent?

Most cd image mounting programs have an option to disable auto-mounting or auto-start.

Back