The Silverstone Gallery *post your Silverstone case here*

Am I the only one who almost never sees some of the Other silverstone cases being used? Namely TJ01 TJ02 TJ04 TJ05 ? Those are great cases. It's a shame :(

I've always loved the look of the TJ01... Come to think of it, I love pretty much all the Silverstones. They're just the most beautiful cases on the market.

Ladies and gentlemen, after much debate with myself, I have decided to upload my pics of my newly built TJ07. I was debating whether or not you guys would comment on my wiring "mess." I don't consider it a mess because I wanted the cables to show because of the lighting. These are just day shots. But it was finished about 2-3 weeks ago. So without furher adeu(sp?) here it is:

Spartan611 said:
Ladies and gentlemen, after much debate with myself, I have decided to upload my pics of my newly built TJ07. I was debating whether or not you guys would comment on my wiring "mess." I don't consider it a mess because I wanted the cables to show because of the lighting. These are just day shots. But it was finished about 2-3 weeks ago. So without furher adeu(sp?) here it is:

AH! ATTACK OF THE WIRES! Clean it up, or god will kill a small kitten.

And why is your zalman positioned like that? the rear fans are fighting with the cpu fan for air, if you flip it i bet youde get better temps.

Dillusion said:
AH! ATTACK OF THE WIRES! Clean it up, or god will kill a small kitten.

And why is your zalman positioned like that? the rear fans are fighting with the cpu fan for air, if you flip it i bet youde get better temps.

Because doesn't the fan have to face the intake? Well the intake on the Silverstone TJ07 is in the back.

Spartan611 said:
Because doesn't the fan have to face the intake? Well the intake on the Silverstone TJ07 is in the back.

O, well clean the wires anyway :p

Spartan611 said:

holy crap thats a lot of switches, its like a cockpit in there....nice...nice :cool:

I would like to see more tj04 and 02 cases as i have one but not sure on what to mod it

Howdy first post, and I have a Silverstone! Courtesy of Ockie :)

db89e8c3.jpg

eb5cd224.jpg

And my stealthed DVD burner :D
4fc6a951.jpg

Nice cases / mods. I was in the market for a new case today and looked at all the options before finding a Silverstone that I just couldn't resist - the CW01-WD. Somethin' about that case is just dead sexy. I think it's the most attractive case I've ever seen! :)

I am undecided exactly how I will mod it, I just wanted to get a nice case first before I decide where to go with it. I'd definitely like to try watercooling this time around, but I don't know if the space will permit it.

Can't wait till it arrives. I'll definitely post some pics once I finish building.

I just ordered a new TJ-07 2 days ago, would have taken pics of everything together and posted them, but it will be taking longer then i expected. The case seems to be on back order now. :mad:

Most recent Silverstone build...

000_0659.jpg

Picture014.jpg

000_0652.jpg

000_0642.jpg

000_0651.jpg

000_0649.jpg

Picture013.jpg

I seriously dig the TJ08. Its the 'perfect' desktop size. And offers enough room for a full system.

here's my rig...worklog is in my sig

finished_01_angle-open.jpg

finished_02_top-angle.jpg

finished_03_pci-cards.jpg

finished_04_mobo-angle.jpg

finished_05_fans-angle.jpg

finished_06_front.jpg

Thinking about selling this setup by the way...

:eek: just wow :eek:
never seen those kind of angled tubing, are they custom made?
edit:
referring to Theorie's rig, guy up top got to the post before i could :p

Black-Tom said:
lol ockie, you have the same phone that my dad has... that thing is huge... feels like you have a brick in your hand :p.

/thread hijack

If you have big hands then it's normal sized ;) I love it.

yes if the heat pipes are wicked they will work
i think abit are the only maker which use liquid heatpipes im not total sure

Those TJ07 setups look so good. I'm really tempted to ditch my TJ03 and go for one of those. Here's my setup.

Finalsetup1.JPG

Finalsetup2.JPG

Finalsetup3.JPG

Finalsetup4.JPG

I was admiring Theorie's build in this forum as well as over at 'watercooling' and he inspired me with one of his photos.
I had already decided on the TJ07 with the window on right (BTX) because I was going with watercooled 8800GTX's and it always seemed kind of odd that these beautiful cards are usually installed 'upside down', that is, the fan or waterblock is facing down in the case and they are often quite nice to look at. So with a BTX arrangement, the graphics cards are on top facing upwards. When I saw Theorie's build in progress pics, there's one with the top grill removed, that showed his watercooled graphics card and the inspiration hit me.
Why not take the grill out and replace it with a window? And while we're at it, let's put a Raptor X up there under glass!
So here are some pics of my build in progress. The work is actually being done for me by AvaDirect and Performance PC's.
  • Here's the front, with the Alphacool LCD display on top with a switch bus (lighted rockers) the Silverstone drive bay (4 drives here) and the bottom bay will be occupied by a Lite-on 20X DVD-RW. Custom Bulgin switches at the bottom as well
125825293-L.jpg

• And here's a shot of the right side which will of course have a big window. Again, like Theorie, I'm putting in a Cape Coolplex 25 res on the motherboard tray, this one will be lit with a UV LED, so the blue UV reactive coolant will be glowing and bubbling in there! Note the Black Ice 480GTX in the basement.
125825288-L.jpg

• And now here's the icing on the cake. This is the top window, blue UV reactive plexiglass, laser cut fan grill, fillport and windows for the Raptor X at the front and the EK waterblock cooled 8800GTX at the back.
125825295-L.jpg

• Now here's a shot from Petra's website of the EK FC8800GTX waterblock. Ain't it a beaut?
125825297-L.jpg

As I said, much of the inspiriation is from Theorie's build, and the excellent execution thus far from AvaDirect and Performance PC's. Thanks everyone for your help.

I managed to pick this case up on the DFI-forums before they were shut down. The former owner had a nice photo gallery over there.

The case came with the radiators and pumps already set up. I added the red plexi top, did a small custom switch on the front panel of the FDD/card reader for lights, re-did the color scheme and front slot usage and wallah! Took a nice long time to get this thing put together, and it weighs a freakin' ton, but it looks sharp and runs cool and quiet.

One thing that annoys me is that no one seems to have a decent red UV reactive coolant/additive. I might have to change my color scheme to blue down the road, which sucks because then I'll have to ditch my red G15.

Here's what it looked like on arrival:
lower portion
inside top

And here are some shots of it now - I need to take some better pictures, but in case you can't tell, there's a BIP240 in the bottom, a thin BIX240 in the top, and each loop is powered by a Swifty MCP655. I'll add the system specs to my sig or something.
IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

Space is tight on the outlet of the bottom X1900, but the flow rates are great. I may eventually switch to full 1/2" ID tubing (instead of 7/16") and open up that center hole a bit to compensate. I found that 7/16" ID tubing is VERY hard (even using boiling water) to get to fit over some of those shorter barbs that Danger Den uses.
IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

Where's all the water cooled TJ09's?

IMHO, the TJ07 is the most perfect watercooling tower case ever made. The TJ09 is a nice air-cooled case, but is a big step backward when considering WC options.

IMHO, the TJ07 is the most perfect watercooling tower case ever made. The TJ09 is a nice air-cooled case, but is a big step backward when considering WC options.

I agree that the TJ07 is perfect for water cooling. I feel that the TJ09 with the mesh up top for 2 120 fans fits a double 120 rad perfect with some L brackets. At least the way i'm gonna do it, it will be perfect.

Nicepants:

One thing that annoys me is that no one seems to have a decent red UV reactive coolant/additive. I might have to change my color scheme to blue down the road, which sucks because then I'll have to ditch my red G15.

Have you tried Petra's? They've got red UV pentosin, supposed to be the best.
http://www.petrastechshop.com/peg12coaduvr.html

Very nice rig btw. The red/black combo is very handsome. I agree, the TJ07 is the best case for H2O.

Nicepants:
Have you tried Petra's? They've got red UV pentosin, supposed to be the best.

What you see there IS red pentosin. To be fair, I'll say that it's at about 1/10 by volume. But judging from the pictures on Petra's site, even higher concentrations won't get the red to same impressive goo-look as something green or blue.

Oh well, I'm not much help to you since I haven't tried any of the red stuff. Have you checked with all the usual suspects; Performance-PC, Jab-tech, Frozen CPU, Petras, Sharka, xoxide, mountain mods?

Oh well, I'm not much help to you since I haven't tried any of the red stuff. Have you checked with all the usual suspects; Performance-PC, Jab-tech, Frozen CPU, Petras, Sharka, xoxide, mountain mods?

I've tried Fluid XP 'Flame Red' and Petras. That's it. And I'm not dropping any more money on red coolant until I see someone actually using it and it looking actually good. I'm not that broken up about the pinkness.

Back