The s6 edge + makes all other phones look like garbage scrap

tybert7

2[H]4U
I saw one for the first time in person today. My htc one m8 died on me and would not turn on, so I went to the sprint store (don't hate, I will do anything to get with unlimited, even use sprint service). And there it was. Glistening to my left, making every other phone in the store look so frumpy and mundane to the point that their owners would probably toss them into a wall in disgust after seeing the edge plus.

That massive display coupled with the screen that curves and melts off the edges, is a beautiful sight to behold. I don't care if the ergonomics are as good as other phones, this is the trophy wife that all men need and want in their lifes. And I will have it.... once I'm done with this m8.

Cool story bro. Glad you found a phone you like. I personally would never buy or use one unless you paid me a stupid amount of money.

EDIT: Also if you really feel like you and/or all men need a Trophy wife in your/their life/lives then I feel really bad for whomever you marry.

Last edited:
My girlfriend got me one today. It's pretty badass so far.

Having used the regular S6 Edge, I can understand why you'd like it. You get these phones for the same reason you get a good-looking car. It's not just about practicality -- if you're going to get something you use day in and day out, it might as well make you smile whenever you look at it.

Frankly, the specs-are-all-that-matter crowd (which includes a lot of Samsung fans, at least pre-GS6) is boring. You picture them driving only super-efficient compact cars, buying only the cheap-but-large house in the sticks, and otherwise living a supremely dull life based solely on numbers. Part of the fun is choosing things based on design and other factors you can't really quantify!

Do the Samsung notification ads on it make other phones look like garbage scrap, because they don't get ads?

Classic consumer electronics. Great hardware...shit software.

When people use the same words to describe tech toys and a flesh and blood woman, you know there's a problem.

Go on a date with a real woman, OP... or, at least find a big, fat slump buster at the nearest dive.

Don't be jealous boys. It's a figure of speech implying curves are sexy. The curves do make flat devices boring. The general public must feel the same way because I notice more S6 Edge and even S6 devices held up for recording when I go to events.

Just watched a youtube review on it, the gold color looks really nice!

I've got three small children at home though, so I have to put a cover on my phone. Wouldn't a protective cover ruin the beauty of the display?

Well Samsung is definitely pretty proud of it considering they're pricing it at $100 more than the already super expensive Note5. Even though you get arguably less functionality with it over the Note.. :rolleyes:

Their new phones just annoy me now after stripping them of the super cheap upgrades that their previous Notes had; IR blaster, SD card slot most notably, don't really care about the non-removable battery as long as you can somewhat easily replace it like the GS6 and iPhones (something not possible on my current M8 that dies with 15-20% charge left somehow). I wouldn't care as much about the SD card slot either if they had 64GBs minimum. 32GBs has been standard since the Note 2 came out 3 years ago, but at least all of those had SD card slots for you to put your pics and stuff on. Now these things take massive RAW pics and 4K video, but storage hasn't increased to compensate. I'll bet the elusive 64GB variant won't be available through carriers either or will be OOS all the time, as has been the case on previous Notes as well.

Last edited:
Just watched a youtube review on it, the gold color looks really nice!

I've got three small children at home though, so I have to put a cover on my phone. Wouldn't a protective cover ruin the beauty of the display?

Screen protector wouldn't. For case you can use something clear like the Luvvitt Clearview but wait for the Plus size version. The other benefit is it protects the camera housing from touching the surface you're resting it on.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Cool story bro. Glad you found a phone you like. I personally would never buy or use one unless you paid me a stupid amount of money.

EDIT: Also if you really feel like you and/or all men need a Trophy wife in your/their life/lives then I feel really bad for whomever you marry.

Wow, why all the unnecessary hostility? The OP is obviously being a little tongue in cheek. You really that easily offended? You must stay indoors all day and not interact in the real world much.

I think it's the best looking phone on the market right now, especially when you see the screen. If it had stock android (or anything but touchwiz honestly) I'd get one.

I think it's the best looking phone on the market right now, especially when you see the screen. If it had stock android (or anything but touchwiz honestly) I'd get one.

I sometimes wonder if that sentiment is less about what people personally feel, and more of a bandwagon response because they hear others parrot the same thing. It's reportedly much lighter and unobtrusive than previous versions. It's fine. My idea is device first, then see if the software is fine. And in the case of the latest iterations of touchwiz, it is.

Lol at the literal crowd here, seriously some people on the internet...

Yes, I was purposely being over the top with my rhetoric because I felt the stunning looks of the device would be poorly served by being more reserved in my wording.

Yes, I was purposely being over the top with my rhetoric because I felt the stunning looks of the device would be poorly served by being more reserved in my wording.

You should have said it was magical. People like magical gadgets :)

Trust me, I feel in your sentiment, I wouldn't buy one but it does look really nice.

I sometimes wonder if that sentiment is less about what people personally feel, and more of a bandwagon response because they hear others parrot the same thing. It's reportedly much lighter and unobtrusive than previous versions. It's fine. My idea is device first, then see if the software is fine. And in the case of the latest iterations of touchwiz, it is.

Nope. First hand experince with a galaxy s4. It was the phone that made me decide that its stock android or nothing. The only non stock android phone I've used since then was a developers edition m8 that I stuck stock android on.

Ditto, I just have a regular S6 Edge, not the +, but I've had no issues with the software and it works well with Samsung's peripherals because of it (I have the Gear 2 watch and the Gear VR2 headset now, and am quite impressed with both).

Does sound hypocritical the lust for upcoming iOS 9 with split view and picture-in-picture that only work on iPad Air 2 and newer but the hate for TouchWiz that has had it for years. So much for frequent updates. :p

Does sound hypocritical the lust for upcoming iOS 9 with split view and picture-in-picture that only work on iPad Air 2 and newer but the hate for TouchWiz that has had it for years. So much for frequent updates. :p

Let's compare a single feature to an entire interface. :rolleyes:
...and not just any interface, the one that almost the entire android community thinks is garbage.

Let's compare a single feature to an entire interface. :rolleyes:
...and not just any interface, the one that almost the entire android community thinks is garbage.

To be fair, every review out there says this version of TouchWiz is by far the least obtrusive release.

It'll be too difficult for him to understand that there's a theme engine plus you can change the launcher to Google, Nova, etc. when he's used to a UI that doesn't even allow placing an icon anywhere on the home screen like any 80's UI can do.

using an aftermarket launcher and themes does not eliminate touchwiz. eventually you'll experience the touchwiz lag. i have the S6 and it has 3GB of ram, the phone sucks at multitasking. the Apple iPhone 6S has 1GB of memory and multitasks a lot better lol...

Definitely done with samsung for any future phones.

So tired of the Samsung apologists suggesting you just grab Nova and you're good to go. TouchWiz represents a fundamental re-writing of the OS, including some under-the-hood functions. That's immediately bad on its face because then every single Android update requires TouchWiz to be re-built around it, resulting in months-long delays even if you have a large and competent development team. And all for what?

Something tells me slapping Nova/GNL and a theme on won't do much about stuff like this, either: http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...nd-tasks-decreasing-multitasking-performance/

(To be clear, I'm using an S3 and have nothing specifically against Samsung -- other OEMs, especially HTC, are every bit as bad. I'm not going to defend Samsung as they continue their recent quest to cater to the lowest common denominator, though).

using an aftermarket launcher and themes does not eliminate touchwiz. eventually you'll experience the touchwiz lag. i have the S6 and it has 3GB of ram, the phone sucks at multitasking. the Apple iPhone 6S has 1GB of memory and multitasks a lot better lol...

Huh? Online reviews and my personal experience is that the S6 multitasks far superior to the iPhone 6. What specific test were you doing?

And just using say Google Now launcher pretty much gets rid of 99.9% of touchwiz. Can you show an article where a rooted S6 with touchwiz completely removed shows any performance difference?

Personally, I find my S6 flies along, my only issues are:
1) Thermal limits when gaming hard for extended periods
2) Should have put a slot door somewhere to add an SD card, that really irks me that I'm stuck w/ 32GB. :(

The touchwiz? Pfft, there's no problem the phone works fine.

I can and will configure my mobile platform for the software experience i know that a phone's hardware is capable of delivering. If it's a Snapdragon 810 SoC for example, the phone better fly.

Anything less gets bare knuckles to the face.

Last edited:
It'll be too difficult for him to understand that there's a theme engine plus you can change the launcher to Google, Nova, etc. when he's used to a UI that doesn't even allow placing an icon anywhere on the home screen like any 80's UI can do.

Touchwiz is literal trash, nova can't change that. Dress up a pig, it's still a pig. Best looking phone on the market, though.

You keep posting that but you and AP are about two years late. We've been discussing that subject here for the last two years. It's good to see more people are talking about it though.

Touchwiz is literal trash, nova can't change that. Dress up a pig, it's still a pig. Best looking phone on the market, though.

Nexus 5 hardware is trash. It's fundamentals like PC. I'd rather have good hardware since software will evolve over time while junk hardware is forever.

That doesn't make any sense. Touchwiz is a dress. If you don't like the dress, you put the girl in a different dress... and in this case the girl is fit and hot as hell IMO. But then you come back and say, "AHA, but, but, but her earrings, you forgot the earrings from her old outfit weren't changed!"

*facepalm*

Touchwiz is not an operating system, its primarily just a launcher GUI and the 5.0 version I have on my S6 I actually prefer to alternatives. Look, I understand that the title is basically saying "your phone that you spent hundreds of dollars on is now garbage because of the S6 Edge +" and that is making people defensive... but cmon, lets not go full retard here. ;)

Huh? Online reviews and my personal experience is that the S6 multitasks far superior to the iPhone 6. What specific test were you doing?

And just using say Google Now launcher pretty much gets rid of 99.9% of touchwiz. Can you show an article where a rooted S6 with touchwiz completely removed shows any performance difference?

Personally, I find my S6 flies along, my only issues are:
1) Thermal limits when gaming hard for extended periods
2) Should have put a slot door somewhere to add an SD card, that really irks me that I'm stuck w/ 32GB. :(

The touchwiz? Pfft, there's no problem the phone works fine.

had touchwiz with my S2, S3 and now S6, don't know why people have to modify their phones to get the best performance possible, my S6 has specs that sound amazing, look great on paper, but it is still very laggy when it comes to switching apps using the stock task manager.

switching from hangouts to text messages, text messages to youtube, youtube to cbs app, cbs app to spotifiy, then waze or google maps is slow and sluggish, yes rebooting the phones fixes a lot of issues. but after a day of uptime, you start to experience lag and gps cutouts.

wanna know when i know that my phone needs to be rebooted? the phone starts to act weird like gps loses signal when using endomondo or fitness apps, or the phones multitasking gets sluggish.

this is stock s6 with t-mobile latest updates.

my wifes iPhone 6 is smooth all the time, without any hiccups.

i'll never ditch android for iphone, but i will never come back to touchwiz after using a vanilla android experience like the nexus or moto.

don't care what anyone says about touchwiz or their touchwiz phone works perfectly, obviously you're not using your phone intensively enough to experience this sluggish UI like I have.

every samsung phone i get fooled into buying because they market touchwiz as more optimized, more refined, you can uninstall most of the apps or disable a lot of touchwiz features, giving you a minimalist touchwiz experience.

all that is bullshit, i love samsung phones, but hate their touchwiz UI.

switching from hangouts to text messages, text messages to youtube, youtube to cbs app, cbs app to spotifiy, then waze or google maps is slow and sluggish, yes rebooting the phones fixes a lot of issues. but after a day of uptime, you start to experience lag and gps cutouts.
I think you are spelling "I" wrong, there's no y, o, or u in there. I have none of those problems bro.

I have a Nexus and a S6, and no way is the S6 slower. Hold the up volume, the power button, and the main button down simultaneously with the phone powered off, and use the clear cache option. Then do the reset, and upon reboot setup the phone as a new device.

You probably have some kind of corrupted program that is causing performance issues, because I have none of those problems and mine is TMobile as well so common sense tells us it has to be something other than touchwiz causing your performance issues or I'd have the same problem.

Or if you just feel like ranting about a GUI, then blame it on touchwiz and enjoy having worse performance than a very lackluster hardware iPhone 6.

I think you are spelling "I" wrong, there's no y, o, or u in there. I have none of those problems bro.

I have a Nexus and a S6, and no way is the S6 slower. Hold the up volume, the power button, and the main button down simultaneously with the phone powered off, and use the clear cache option. Then do the reset, and upon reboot setup the phone as a new device.

You probably have some kind of corrupted program that is causing performance issues, because I have none of those problems and mine is TMobile as well so common sense tells us it has to be something other than touchwiz causing your performance issues or I'd have the same problem.

Or if you just feel like ranting about a GUI, then blame it on touchwiz and enjoy having worse performance than a very lackluster hardware iPhone 6.

ok sir, now you're just being biased. i also had a nexus 6, unfortunately it was too large of a display to use it to my lifestyle (i'm active, my phone goes with my mountain biking, running, dirt biking, gym). also, clearing cache or blaming the phones performance after 24hrs of uptime on an app is a bogus excuse to a poorly written UI. i have no experience in programming UI's, but i have experience with touchwiz and it's always the same damn thing, phone is great for a couple days, then after it gets settled in, things are acting bonkers.

resetting the phone fixes it, but after a couple weeks, it all repeats. clearing cache solves it, but why do i have to do that? didn't have to do it with my nexus devices.

i've probably had more touchwiz phones than you, but i'll just end this debate.

thank you.

Touchwiz is not an operating system, its primarily just a launcher GUI and the 5.0 version I have on my S6 I actually prefer to alternatives.

No it isn't. Touchwiz is an inside and out rewrite of the AOSP code.

Although that was and is the nice thing about Touchwiz, you mod one tiny minute little thing on the stock ROM code...things will either work swimmingly, or EVERYTHING will break and the damn ROM won't even boot.

People who think Touchwiuz is just a GUI launcher need their heads examined...or need to try and mod Touchwiz code even once.

also, clearing cache or blaming the phones performance after 24hrs of uptime on an app is a bogus excuse to a poorly written UI. i have no experience in programming UI's, but i have experience with touchwiz and it's always the same damn thing, phone is great for a couple days, then after it gets settled in, things are acting bonkers.

resetting the phone fixes it, but after a couple weeks, it all repeats. clearing cache solves it, but why do i have to do that? didn't have to do it with my nexus devices.
I don't think you're understanding what I was saying... I don't have those problems, and we have an identical model phone with an identical carrier.

If the problem is touchwiz, I would have to have the exact same issues you're experiencing. I don't.

That means it:
1) Can't be touchwiz
2) If its not a software difference, then its a hardware problem

Showing you how to clear cache and wipe your phone and set it up as a NEW device not importing any previous settings would resolve any software concerns. But its simple logic that it can't be touchwiz or I would have to be experiencing the same problems you are. Period.

There's also some cool functionality w/ touchwiz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_dZ3QWBCCk

the Apple iPhone 6S has 1GB of memory and multitasks a lot better lol...

Everyone knows iOS doesn't background multitask. After 3 mins it kills everything in the background. And, if you ever run any flavor of Linux there are different desktop environments with ones so minimal in features that they can run on old dump field bound hardware. iOS is even more minimal than the lowest Linux desktop environment. That's how it gets away with such low end hardware/DRAM and it's only 750p.

Linux desktop manager/windows environment memory usage
https://l3net.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/cmp-all4.png?w=625&h=617
cmp-all4.png

Last edited:

Just personal experience here... Ive had the S2, S3, S4, S5, S6, Note2, Note 3, Note 4, and just got my Note 5.

From the S4 on, and the Note 3 on, I have never experienced any lag from Touchwiz. This is coming from a guy who swapped roms daily when I had older slower phones.

I have only rooted my notes, never felt the need to go to other roms. The s4 was the last phone I put a rom on because of software bloat and lag.

Some people have a very simplistic view of performance. They base performance on swiping the home screen back and forth but don't touch upon the more important things like, for example, browser scrolling performance. On an old 2012 Note II I can scroll through long live blogs like WWDC in a fraction of the time it takes on an iPhone 6.

Back