• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The "right" way to set up a RAID-5 array?

TeeJayHoward

Limpness Supreme
2FA
Joined
Feb 8, 2005
Messages
13,377
I'm getting sick of this thing corrupting data on me. When I updated to the latest BIOS on the Highpoint 2220 card, I decided to recreate the array from scratch. Here's how I did it:

1) Enter the card's BIOS and add all 8 disks to an array. Exit.
2) Enter the HighPoint RAID Management software inside Windows and initialize the array. Go to sleep while it works (8 hours). Exit.
3) Go to Disk Management and initialize the disk. Convert it to GPT. Format the new partition using NTFS and default values. Exit.
4) Hope it fsckin' works!

Did I do anything incorrectly? Should the Highpoint software make Windows automagically think the new disk is initialized/GPT/etc? How the snark do I use IOmeter?
 
Back
Top