The Recent Windows 10 Update Is Breaking Webcams

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by HardOCP News, Aug 19, 2016.

1. ManofGod

ManofGod [H]ardForum Junkie

Nor do I put people down in every post or for that matter, none of the posts. However, I do respond in kind to those who directly come at me from time to time. And my previous post above is not a put down but a direct comment to the person I quoted. However, if you consider that a put down *shrug*

2. buzzbomb

buzzbomb Gawd

Windows 10 did Harambe.

3. amddragonpc

amddragonpc [H]ard|Gawd

"... as if millions of webcams cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

4. Mohonri

Mohonri [H]ardness Supreme

5. Ur_Mom

Ur_Mom I'm Not Serious

My experience was opposite. I have had my webcam plugged in forever. Never really use it... It popped up as an option in Facebook, so I started chatting with my wife (she was in the other room). Worked great. I don't know if that option was always there or not, but it gave me the option so I tried it. :)

Old Logitech webcam works perfect. A side note - I won the camera from a Microsoft contest several years back... :D

I'm actually surprised this wasn't found during the Insiders builds... I think people are less worried about the cams breaking and more upset about the forced change in the encoding....

6. pothb

pothb [H]ardness Supreme

Not as bad as I was originally thinking, but if what I thought was falling down 20 stories, this is like.. falling down 14 stories.