The real scoop on Dell 2007wfp

RtbChief

n00b
So, is the banding issue fixed on this monitor? I've been hearing from some people that it's still there. Is this something that I would even notice? I mostly game, surf and work. My work is mostly staring at Excel files and using a web based database. I do minimal photo editing (touching up family pictures) and that's about it. I would like to use this with my Xbox and PS2 as well. This monitor sounds perfect.
Another question...does anyone know if Dell will still honor the warrenty if I buy it from Costco?
Thanks guys

Yeah, I'd like to see a picture of someones Dell 2007wfp A02 with banding. I've heard people say thats theres a small amount of banding, less than the A00 but still visible.

The banding has been almost completely fixed while in "desktop" mode only. The Faroudja chip was disabled in desktop mode to fix the banding.

The Faroudja chip increases the response time of the monitor. If you were to do any gaming without it, there may be ghosting. If you game with it, you have banding. You will notice the banding most in games when you look at the sky.

Scyles said:
The Faroudja chip increases the response time of the monitor. If you were to do any gaming without it, there may be ghosting. If you game with it, you have banding. You will notice the banding most in games when you look at the sky.

Faroudja is a video scaling/processor chip, not a response time booster. It is mainly used to smooth out noise/blocking and sharpen edges/boost contrast on scaled video.

You only want this if you are running at non native resolution to make the scaling look better.

Anyone ever tried hooking up a PS2 to it? I know it won't be great but is it playable? My wife and kids take up all the TVs in the house and my office is the only "safe" place!

Back