The PS3 Blu-ray Bluetooth remote - Just got it

btf1980

Limp Gawd
Just got this badboy from Gamestop....pretty cool so far. Got tired of using the six-axxis for blu-ray movies.

02.jpg

03.jpg

WTF... did they pull through time from the 80s? All those classy designers and that's the best they manage?

Psychotext said:
WTF... did they pull through time from the 80s? All those classy designers and that's the best they manage?

i agree, they could of made it more curvy. Maybe in a rush to get it out

roninblade said:
i agree, they could of made it more curvy. Maybe in a rush to get it out
Rush to get it out? It pretty much looks just like the ps2 remote but longer and thinner. Maybe trying to be consistant in design?

Although I agree the remote seems kind of stylistically challenged (not really like it matters anyway), way to go with the bluetooth! If it's one thing that pisses me off the most about remotes, it's the goddamn line-of-sight issue.

The remote looks like it sucks. I'd rather wait till Logitech makes a Harmony Remote for the PS3.

Its what i expected for $25, use it anywhere in the house to change music/photos, (got speakers running off one amp all around the house!)

Man wat a bunch of haters in here. If it has to do with the ps3....everyone in here will hate on it. I just picked one up and its worth it for 25...dont gotta waste the sixaxis battery.

Bad_Boy said:
Rush to get it out? It pretty much looks just like the ps2 remote but longer and thinner. Maybe trying to be consistant in design?
if the the ps2>ps3 had some sort of consistantly, then maybe. ide at least like silver trim on it lol

Right... cos just because it has to do with the PS3 the people that call it ugly are haters? Gimme a break - it looks like the design on this spent about half an hour on a first year design intern's desk.

Quit the whining. Because someone doesn't like it, doesn't mean they're hating on it.

I, for one, don't like it's design. But I don't have to like it's design to find it useful.

The remote looks fine to me. Hard to tell in the picture, but it has a marble type black finish. Really good quality. Definately better than the Microsoft remote that is more expensive to boot. I own both.

I just purchased this remote today and and I don't really care for the design or look. It dosen't really matter because its just a remote. I bought it because it is far better to use when watching movies than the gamepad. I will get plenty of use out of it and I think it is worth the $25.

I actually prefer the remote that is used with the xbox 360 better but that is just my opinion.

Nice remote, looks like something Sony would make.

Hope Sony made it to be compatible with HD-DVD when BR fails as a movie format . . . :D

six_storm said:
Nice remote, looks like something Sony would make.

Hope Sony made it to be compatible with HD-DVD when BR fails as a movie format . . . :D

Lol! I like both formats but with Sony's history for inovation I can see HD-DVD winning the battle.

since I think this is probably the most on topic place to mention this, the Xbox 360 Logitech Harmony remote is $60 at amazon.....usually somewhere around $100.

just thought I'd mention it for all you people checking out the remotes.

I bought the remote and I like it BUT I am pissed that it is bluetooth. Why? because I have a harmony 880 and a complete home theater set up and everything is controlled by one remote including my 360. But the friggin PS3 is Bluetooth ONLY no IR at all, so you HAVE to buy the remote or your out of luck.

I got this remote for xmas and I really like it, does seem kind of retro, I was starting to get used to the sixaxis, but the wife won't have too.

Bluetooth/IR/RF: My ps3, tivo s3, and reciever are in a closet so I am aware of the IR line of site issues, I actually use a hot link pro to get around it.

RF may have been a better option for the controller and remote (no line of site issues), and their are Harmonys that work with RF (right?). I have used RF controllers in the past on the PC and they seem to work fine.

But hey, if it was RF only then you wouldn't be able to use the other bluetooth accessories (headset for now, maybe mouse/keyboard later).

I am glad I didn't take the plunge previously on a Harmony, and I hope we see a learning/programmable remote with RF, IR, and Bluetooth.

Conspiracy for all you 360 !!!!!!s out there - There usin d blutoof cuz it sonds lik bluray, sony=devile!!!R!3AS/bAnkruptcys

I just bought my remote and I'm using it now. I must say that its soooo nice being able to use a regular remote when I watch my DVDs as opposed to using the game controller which IMO is a PITA.

I cant believe so many people are crying about how this remote looks. good God people, get over it. its a freakin' $25 remote control. what the heck do you expect? :p

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I just got the remote. Finally found one at my University book store. Well it works great with the PS3, but I was wondering if anyone might know of a PC driver for the remote? I would like to use it to control my HTPC which already has a IR remote but its been shady as of late. I got the PS3 remote to connect, but I doesn't do anything yet.

yeah had a guy try to sell me that remote when I bot my ps3. his line was something like, "try to figure out all those button options when you watch a disc". fuck its so bloody easy with the controller. easily save the $ here

Can it use normal universal remotes? When I get a PS3 it had better work with my touchscreen remote:

517686me0.jpg

So far no, I haven't been able to find a driver for it, but thats what I want to do too.

Nice, you will have to do some experimenting with it and tell us what kinda range, interference, etc. you get with it. Wonder if using another blue tooth device near it will cause any problems?!

I bought the remote and I like it BUT I am pissed that it is bluetooth. Why? because I have a harmony 880 and a complete home theater set up and everything is controlled by one remote including my 360. But the friggin PS3 is Bluetooth ONLY no IR at all, so you HAVE to buy the remote or your out of luck.
I agree.

Back