The President Drops In on Reddit, Crashes Site

This is a deliberate attempt to keep certain members of our society from having a voice.
Yeah! You tell em. Felons, illegal-aliens, and random bums bussed in by ACORN (to vote multiple times) are people too! And honestly, who actually has a form of photo-ID these days? Like was said, this definitely discriminates against young people as most people don't get some form of photo-ID until they graduate from college. :rolleyes:

Publicity stunt, nothing more.

And the RNC Convention isn't?

I think it is kinda cool that the POTUS took time out of everything else he does to take questions from anyone. Are they salient intellectual question? No, but for chrissakes it is Reddit we're talking about.

If it truly were a popularity contest, the current state of country would be much better because George W. would be nothing more than a footnote in history. He lost the popular vote in 2000.

He lost the electoral college vote too.. until his jackass brother Jeb rigged a "recount" and consequently made the state of Florida look retarded as a whole.

Yeah! You tell em. Felons, illegal-aliens, and random bums bussed in by ACORN (to vote multiple times) are people too! And honestly, who actually has a form of photo-ID these days? Like was said, this definitely discriminates against young people as most people don't get some form of photo-ID until they graduate from college. :rolleyes:

Felons can't register to vote in most states. Illegal aliens can't vote. Neither can random bums who haven't registered. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_registration#United_States You much register prior to voting in all states and you must be a citizen. You can not just show up.

Additionally, "Throughout the election season, supporters of Republican candidates portrayed ACORN's submission of invalid voter registration applications as widespread vote fraud. In October 2008, the campaign for Republican presidential candidate John McCain released a Web-based advertisement claiming ACORN was responsible for "massive voter fraud," a point that Sen. McCain repeated in the final presidential debate. Factcheck.org called this claim "breathtakingly inaccurate," but acknowledged that ACORN had problems with phony registrations.
A poll released in November 2009 by the Public Policy Polling organization found that 52% of Republican Party members it surveyed, and 26% of respondents overall, believed in a conspiracy theory that ACORN "stole" the election for Barack Obama."

Phony registrations are not vote fraud. Per fact check: "... Joint federal and state investigation has determined that this scheme was not intended to permit illegal voting. Instead, the defendants cheated their employer, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (or ACORN), to get paid for work they did not actually perform."

It's amazing that bias and politicization can take you that far away from reality, but you should really get your facts checked before perpetuating lies. It's completely disingenuous.

Truthfully, if he wants to step up his game he needs to book the Daily Show or Colbert. That'd be some hilarious stuff.

He lost the electoral college vote too.. until his jackass brother Jeb rigged a "recount" and consequently made the state of Florida look retarded as a whole.

To be honest, I wish Al Gore wasn't such a p*ssy and decided to drag that out until every fact was checked. If I recall, he gave up the fight pretty quickly.

So was it *REALLY* him? I heard this but assumed it was a hoax. If it really was him, I have to say he gets my respect just for the fact that he logged on to a site and actually talked with people directly. Whether or not the questions/answers were meaningful I think this was a pretty cool move, and more political figures need to do this once in a while.

So was it *REALLY* him? I heard this but assumed it was a hoax. If it really was him, I have to say he gets my respect just for the fact that he logged on to a site and actually talked with people directly. Whether or not the questions/answers were meaningful I think this was a pretty cool move, and more political figures need to do this once in a while.
Nothing proves it was really him and not his staff. There are only pictures of him on a computer.

Some interesting questions:
- It's been stated that your favorite television show is The Wire. How do you think the war on drugs has affected America, and would you work to end it?
- I won't believe this unless he takes a picture with a shoe on his head.
- Your administration has been very quiet regarding Americans' issues with the TSA and their invasive security procedures. Your administration even pulled a petition regarding making them answer a court order regarding the naked scanners. Do you have any plans to reel in the over-reaching, rights-infringing bureaucracy the TSA has become?
- Why do petitions keep disappearing from whitehouse.gov?

Obviously without answers.

To be honest, I wish Al Gore wasn't such a p*ssy and decided to drag that out until every fact was checked. If I recall, he gave up the fight pretty quickly.

Yes, he did give up far too quickly. He dropped the case before it ever got to court.

threaad in a nutshell:

left: wharrrgarrrble
right: wharrrgarrrble
mods: you kids knock it off before i separate you

people who realize current politics are a dog & pony show functioning as designed: :rolleyes:

And the RNC Convention isn't?

I think it is kinda cool that the POTUS took time out of everything else he does to take questions from anyone. Are they salient intellectual question? No, but for chrissakes it is Reddit we're talking about.

If you think that he was answering questions, you're a fool. :rolleyes:

If you think that he was answering questions, you're a fool. :rolleyes:

People asked questions and he responded. What more do you want on a forum like Reddit? Dissertation level responses? For crying out loud, it is Reddit, and their servers got hammered.

People asked questions and he responded. What more do you want on a forum like Reddit? Dissertation level responses? For crying out loud, it is Reddit, and their servers got hammered.

You're obviously blinded by a political agenda.

Go back and read exactly what I said.

Its technologie's fault.

He faced technological 'headwinds'.

You're obviously blinded by a political agenda.

Go back and read exactly what I said.

Prove that Obama wasn't at the keyboard. I know you cannot. Speaking about being blinded...

Further proving that retards who sit on forums like reddit all day are retarded liberals. There is a reason why liberals get mocked for insignificant stupid shit a la 99%er's, anonymous, crapping on a US flag, etc.. etc..

Labels

If we didn't have them, how would we know who to hate?

I'm not a registered voter. That should tell you how much I don't care about politics.

Yup, you care enough about it to get snippy at others over the internet. So your lack of caring isn't as low as you seem to imply. ;)

Hear hear! That average of 0.03 cases per election region per year is just incredible. Preventing Voter Fraud is far more important than allowing people from minorities born in and raised in America and youth who can't afford cars to show up and display their drivers lisence for the car they don't own before they can vote! Even if they are largely a democratic group and the laws were enacted by Republicans and there's a Republican responsible behind the push saying "Voter Fraud laws will allow Mitt Romney to win this election!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o32tF-S6K60

Refused to answer any questions relating to the failed war or drugs or medicinal marijuana, but he nailed the important stuff like who his favorite basketball player was.

Groundbreaking stuff... Really taking on the issues that matter!
"How do you balance family life and hobbies with, well, being the POTUS?"
"Who's your favourite Basketball player?"
"What is the first thing you'll do on November 7th, win or lose?"
"What was the most difficult decision that you had to make during this term?"
"What's the recipe for the White House's beer?"

I'm surprised no one asked what his favorite color was...

There were plenty of serious questions, he just avoided them.

You sir, of all people, have no right to talk about idiocy or ignorance if you honestly think that in-person voter fraud plays any role in our elections.

New Nationwide Study of Election Fraud Since 2000 Finds Just 10 Cases of In-Person Voter Fraud

By the way, the new voter ID laws that are being implemented around the country always have a disproportionate impact on people who are the most likely to vote Democratic. This includes the young, the old, the poor, and minorities, especially blacks.

The Republicans are willing to keep hundreds of thousands of people from voting so that a handful of people do not vote illegally. This is not a mistake. This is not an accident. This is not a coincidence. This is a deliberate attempt to keep certain members of our society from having a voice.

whats so hard about getting a state id card if you dont drive?
at lest here in MO thats all you need
if you cant get that then you have bigger issues then voting
to get that all you need is 10 bucks a SS number / card and your birth certificate
if you cant produce them or other documents proving your here legally then yea you shouldnt be voting any way

to get that all you need is 10 bucks a SS number / card and your birth certificate
if you cant produce them or other documents proving your here legally then yea you shouldnt be voting any way

I agree 10000%..I remember the first time I voted, I was shocked when they told me to put my ID away, that the law did not require me to show it prior to voting!!:eek:

That's the point, the power brokers behind the curtain can only maintain control if there are key strategic differences in their allegory. The populous as a body would eventually rebel against applied force, so the two party system is employed as a sedative.

The Republican and Democratic parties are diametrically opposed herding dogs. The course of the American people through the ages has been a low frequency sine wave as the masses shift from left to right.

The Republican party leads the populous toward the right, in a predetermined direction, until discontent swells to a dangerous level, then the Democratic party reverses their course back toward the left until discontent eventually swells again. Rinse, Repeat.

It's like alternating current, two phases, one path, one motive force.

vhtc9y.png

Politicians all love to say that they care SO MUCH about freedom.

What counts is their voting record, and Obama's isn't very good... Romney either, so we are screwed. Should have supported Ron Paul, oh well.

Ron Paul? Please. Why should I trust a politician who claims to be pro-Constitution when he then turns around and claims the Constitution is "replete with references to God?" If you're going to claim to be pro-Constitution, maybe you should actually read the Constitution first. Paul's never been a pro-feedom candidate. He's a pro-state candidate. He couldn't care less if the states infringe on your rights as long as it's not the federal government doing it. It blows my mind that people still take a racist old Texan who opposes the Civil Rights act seriously.

The state ID also requires an expiration date in some states, so IN FACT most "State IDs" are invalid. If a poll tax was or literacy test was considered unconstitutional, then the State ID requirement is also unconstitutional.

Amazing how people eat this crap up.
Obama answers cookie cutter BS questions with preformatted hot off the teleprompter answers and people write bullshit articles about how 'net savy he is.

I just want to hurl. But this is the dividing time, right, Americans split down the middle getting in each others face about their little pet political beliefs while the politicians do nothing but SELL US OUT. Time and time again.

SUCKERS.

Back