The Pope Goes HD

Which is precisely why we shouldn't believe in God.

You're saying "We don't know if it's true - but let's believe it anyway".

That's insane. Only believe things that you can prove.

Oh, and I think the people who died in 9/11 would beg to differ that there is a lot wrong with religion - particularly because they're dead and now know there is no afterlife.

You seem to be very arrogant. There is nothing wrong with being an atheist or being religious. The fanatics from both sides should shut up and respect each others beliefs because it only makes them look like an ass when they criticize each other.

You seem to be very arrogant. There is nothing wrong with being an atheist or being religious. The fanatics from both sides should shut up and respect each others beliefs because it only makes them look like an ass when they criticize each other.

I think that saying that there is nothing wrong with believing that there is a being out there who thinks you're better than other people because you worship him.. is very arrogant.

Your logic sends yourself in a circle if you want to be overly critical. You're saying we absolutely shouldn't believe in God simply because it's existence cannot be proven, and that we should only believe things we can prove. There is no way to prove that God does not exist either, however, so no one should believe you saying that it doesn't.

What I said: Don't believe in things you can't prove.
What you said: Don't believe in things you can't disprove.

See, that's what we call a Double Negative, through circular logic, coming from a hypocrite.

Let's all go and believe in Santa Claus because we can't disprove him!

Course I'm just being picky, but I get the feeling that faith is a life lesson you wouldn't understand.

If faith was a life lesson, life would be stupid. Faith is the belief in anything without any proof. Which means that not only do I understand it, but you don't. Again, you're a hypocrite.

As for the 9/11 comment. Odds are quite a few of those people were uncompromisingly religious. I feel that speaking your opinion on behalf of those who are no longer able to speak their own is a rather shitty and arrogant tactic.

I see. So, you're saying I shouldn't bury my father in my parents' first home because it is an 'arrogant tactic to speak for those who can't speak for themselves'?
You want me to just throw him in the garbage? You disgust me..

As said, there is no way to prove a god does or does not exist. But, Science has gotten us much closer to finding out and has been leading in new developments of our understanding of how the universe came about. Religion relies on faith, something that doesn't use logic but instead but instead blind superstition, now i can't prove that a god does or doesn't exist and people can believe what they want so i could care less. I personally stay in the middle ground, im not an Atheist but im not a believer because both sides aren't a full correct way in thinking, no one is sure a god doesn't exist and vice versa. There are so many things that contradict the Bible and ''Gods word'' that is just ridiculous.

I'm 100% not with Religion though, i think the majority of people use religion as a front to say they're moral yet they go against those teachings all the time, it's very rare to find someone who actually believes in a religion and actually follows through on the teachings. Death and war followunder the religious tail also. ''Do you believe in god?, no? *dead*'', ''Do you believe in God? Yes?, but do you believe in my god?, no? *dead*''. Religion is a huge wart on the ass of society, spawning ignorant and crazy people willing to say and do anything to defend the invisible man in the say.

Just my opinion though.:)

See, you ARE an Atheist. You believe that God PROBABLY doesn't exist, which is what Atheism believes. You're just such a nice person.. you're too afraid to say it because you know people will possibly hate you for it because their religion teaches them to hate whatever is 'different'. Don't you want to fight these people?

Of course you do.

See, you ARE an Atheist. You believe that God PROBABLY doesn't exist, which is what Atheism believes. You're just such a nice person.. you're too afraid to say it because you know people will possibly hate you for it because their religion teaches them to hate whatever is 'different'. Don't you want to fight these people?

Of course you do.

Why would I hate you because I'm Catholic and you're atheist? :confused:

Of course you do.

Pretty much, yes lol

I dislike the ignorance and hate that comes with religion, which of course isn't all the believers, but a large majority are intolerant a$$holes that don't actually follow what they believe, and i don't like being a part of that.

But on the other side i wouldn't consider myself 100% Atheist because i also believe that there could be something beyond science that could of created the universe.

I'm in the ''who knows'' department of things.

Why would I hate you because I'm Catholic and you're atheist? :confused:

You are one of the many few believers that might actually have some sense. It would be stupid to claim that all Catholics, all Christians,all of Islam and every other religion are only filled with ignorant people. It's the same as assuming all Muslims are terrorists, which actually a large amount of Christians believe, which is totally intolerant and unethical and i would assume, something God wouldn't promote. Then as soon as Christians say that, the Muslims who say Islam is all about peace get mad and talk how they will kill all Americans since Matt Stone and Trey Parker mocked Muhammad in South Park, but how does that makes sense?, if you claim your religion is about peace and prosperity, wouldn't that mean for all?, or did god just accidentally leave out a few people and instead advocate hating against gays and other people who think like you do?

Of course you do.

Another dumb generalization.

Pretty much, yes lol

I dislike the ignorance and hate that comes with religion, which of course isn't all the believers, but a large majority are intolerant a$$holes that don't actually follow what they believe, and i don't like being a part of that.

But on the other side i wouldn't consider myself 100% Atheist because i also believe that there could be something beyond science that could of created the universe.

I'm in the ''who knows'' department of things.

Then that would make you agnostic.

No, you fool! Don't you understand?

No one knows what God wants - we can only know what Jesus wanted.

So anyone who says "God wants something" is an idiot.

And in this case, an abomination before Jesus Christ himself.

Jesus Christ taught against this.. his followers, being idiots he tried to save but couldn't, made into the fallacious crap Christianity is today.

Broken sarcasm meter?

I think that saying that there is nothing wrong with believing that there is a being out there who thinks you're better than other people because you worship him.. is very arrogant.

Are you having reading comprehension problems? Where did I say "believing that there is a being out there who thinks you're better than other people because you worship him."

Let me rephrase it since you didn't get it. Nobodys beliefs makes them better than others and there is nothing wrong with believing in God or not believing in God.

What I said: Don't believe in things you can't prove.
What you said: Don't believe in things you can't disprove.

See, that's what we call a Double Negative, through circular logic, coming from a hypocrite.

Let's all go and believe in Santa Claus because we can't disprove him!

Technically I think there's a difference between what you say I said and what I actually said. What I said, and what you say you said are the very same statement at the heart of them.

But mainly, I'm curious, how exactly am I a hypocrite?

If faith was a life lesson, life would be stupid. Faith is the belief in anything without any proof. Which means that not only do I understand it, but you don't. Again, you're a hypocrite.

Faith is a life lesson, though I will admit I'm probably using the term life lesson a little more loosely than your brain on it's warpath is willing to comprehend. And I am not speaking of faith in a religious manner. You've only shown you know a definition, then seem to have shown a complete lack of understanding of others who believe in something based on faith.

Again, how am I a hypocrite? Not only did you not show that I don't understand faith (stating it doesn't make it true) I never originally said that I did understand it.

I see. So, you're saying I shouldn't bury my father in my parents' first home because it is an 'arrogant tactic to speak for those who can't speak for themselves'?
You want me to just throw him in the garbage? You disgust me..

:rolleyes: If you took my statement and turned it into that comparison...then yeah, throw him in the garbage.

Back