the Phantom?

drgh0st

Limp Gawd
wow did anyone see that article on the front page today? makes you wonder sometimes... Anyways did anyone ever go to their "offices"? Anyone take pictures?

Yeah look at the article they had a pic of what was the supposed "office" They have had more than enought time to at leats push out the SDK to developers and get a few on baord, MS had people almost instantly and proof shortly after Not that it wasn't expected from such a big company but no one at that time thought that they could/successfully pull of a console system.

Acutally once you start to think about it, to toake so long to do this after the article has been printed makes you thing that this is just a ploy to 1. Assert their view un rebuttled on the public and 2. To bring themselves back into the public view again.

They did a big presentation at my old school (Full Sail) .. they had one there to show it off and handed out spec sheets and talked about developing for it ..

it does exsist .. wether or not it will make it .. probably not ..

lol the company bought THEMSELVES just to put out a "press release"

it has S.c.a.m written all over it.

they're just doing it to get some media coverage so the guy can pull in more investors for his "console" so his company can then file bankruptcy later on and off with the money he goes.

Originally posted by NightWolfe
They did a big presentation at my old school (Full Sail) .. they had one there to show it off and handed out spec sheets and talked about developing for it ..

it does exsist .. wether or not it will make it .. probably not ..

You actually got suckered into going to Full Sail? For the money they charge, I sure hope they're actually teaching useful things these days :/

As to the Phantom... showing off invention prototypes for pure scam projects is quite common. Makes people think something is being done, even if the prototype is just a box with a VCR in it. They gouge out a few more investment dollars, and just ride it until the truth comes out.

Personally, I think Mr. Roberts was having too much fun when he came up with the name "Phantom". He's practically ridiculing his investors :(

I have inside info, and right now it doesn't look like the phantom is comming out. Trust me.

Kinda..... I can't give out any specific info, all i can tell you is "Kinda....."

Originally posted by MemoryInAGarden
Didn't the company producing the Phantom have bad financial problems and file for bankruptcy?

are you refurring to another "project" these Infinium assholes have done beside the 8 failed companies he/they have scammed before?

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTEy

I especially love this comment:

"I have extended HardOCP.com's pledge to correct any and all possible inconsistencies or errors in our editorial entitled 'Behind the Phantom Console' personally to Timothy Roberts and Kevin Bachus of Infinium Labs and they have yet to inform HardOCP.com of any information we presented as being not correct,"

Very straight to the point:D

Originally posted by jcc2k4
I have inside info, and right now it doesn't look like the phantom is comming out. Trust me.

I love when people say that.

"No, the field isn't littered with mines. Trust me."

"Yes, I'll catch you. Trust me."

"Yes, I really am Jean-Claude Van Damme. Trust me."

Damn it, hand me a metal detector, put out a net, and show me a birth certficiate--but don't ask me to trust you based on the absolute lack of supporting evidence.

Can you imagine a lawyer doing this in court? "Your honor, my client did not commit murder."

"What evidence do you have?"

The lawyer winks: "Trust me."

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by carl67lp
I love when people say that.

"No, the field isn't littered with mines. Trust me."

"Yes, I'll catch you. Trust me."

"Yes, I really am Jean-Claude Van Damme. Trust me."

Damn it, hand me a metal detector, put out a net, and show me a birth certficiate--but don't ask me to trust you based on the absolute lack of supporting evidence.

Can you imagine a lawyer doing this in court? "Your honor, my client did not commit murder."

"What evidence do you have?"

The lawyer winks: "Trust me."

That made me laugh out loud, it has always bugged me too, most people are too lazy to write a response like that:D

Originally posted by jcc2k4

I think you're missing the point...

WE DON'T CARE.

they cannot sue Kyle at all. It's called freedom of speech, regardless of how far Kyle and the gang pushed it (if they even did, they are a news site, it's their job)...

EDIT: Also, they should send Kyle a CONCRETE item. mmm...i'm thinking about sending them a "nasty" email...you dont mess with a website where a kid who got straight A's in the "Law and the Supreme Court" class visits frequently....

phantom and the whole companie manufactury them are a bunch or faggots who desperately need money and have to resort to sueing tech review ppl to get it cough faggots cough

Originally posted by rayman2k2
they cannot sue Kyle at all. It's called freedom of speech, regardless of how far Kyle and the gang pushed it (if they even did, they are a news site, it's their job)...

EDIT: Also, they should send Kyle a CONCRETE item. mmm...i'm thinking about sending them a "nasty" email...you dont mess with a website where a kid who got straight A's in the "Law and the Supreme Court" class visits frequently....

you must have missed the part called Slander.

law and supreme court straight A's my ass.....

However i think they have no case since kyle even said they sent them an open invation to correct any mistakes they missed and they never did respond...

Originally posted by Stiler
you must have missed the part called Slander.

law and supreme court straight A's my ass.....

However i think they have no case since kyle even said they sent them an open invation to correct any mistakes they missed and they never did respond...

uh, sorry for being unclear, but your last paragraph was kinda what i was aiming at, i was in a rush to write it, so it came out kinda wrong...

I was skeptical at first about the Phantom, but as the release date becomes closer and closer... it looks to be becoming legit. I'll just wait and see...

Originally posted by Shorty
I was skeptical at first about the Phantom, but as the release date becomes closer and closer... it looks to be becoming legit. I'll just wait and see...

Originally posted by Shorty

Yes, don't forget! they have a whole box now! :eek:

kyle should counter sue them for using investor money to hire lawyers to push around people on the internet instead of using that money to produce a game console. i say investor money because since they have yet to produce a final product, and ship it to retailers for sale they have made 0 profits. with poor financial planning like that no wonder this guy can't keep a company from going under.

produce game console first to generate revenue, then higher bigshot lawyers to push around people on the internet who told you you suck but then gave you an opportunity to prove otherwise which you never took. welcome to the world of business: if you cant stand the heat then get out.

I'm reminded of a Dilbert cartoon... Can't find it, but I seem to recall it goes something like...

PHB: So, is our prototype ready for the demo?

Dilbert: It's a non-working mockup of what we could be making if we didn't have to do so many useless demos.

PHB: So it's ready then?

Dilbert: It's our competitor's product with duct tape over the logo.

Havne't read this whole thread but anyways I signed up on their forums. Asked about their beta, will check after I make this post. But they are arguing that they invited kyle to check out their place and all and it's not a strip mall. I don't know but I'll take kyle's words over theirs.

I heard from a guy, who heard from some other guy, who heard from some dude's sister who works for the catering company for a vendor for Infinium that there's supposed to be a newer, smaller version of the Phantom. It's called the Phantasm!

But you didn't hear that from me...

Originally posted by AggieMEEN
I heard from a guy, who heard from some other guy, who heard from some dude's sister who works for the catering company for a vendor for Infinium that there's supposed to be a newer, smaller version of the Phantom. It's called the Phantasm!

But you didn't hear that from me...
OMFG time to buy Infinium stock!!!!!1

Originally posted by PliotronX
OMFG time to buy Infinium stock!!!!!1

Oh noes! If you don't buy some stock now you have said that, they will probably try to sue you as well :eek: :D .

Well, this certainly has everyone talking about Infinium and the Phantom, although for very much the wrong reasons. I think someone has taken the whole "no publicity is bad publicity" thing waaay too seriously. Don't they have a PR department? :rolleyes:

Uh-oh. I used the trademarks "Infinium" and "Phantom" without permission. :eek: I'm just... stepping out for a moment...

<feet on stairs>
<door slam>
<tyre screech>
<jet overhead> :p

[k]

On a different thread that is now closed there is mention of a Q & A session on their forum. It was scheduled for last night, but they conveniently had to close the forum for upgrade. That was my Q & A session, I called them out and Roberts and I scheduled it through PM. I was going to be asking the questions to both Roberts and Bachus, but it looks like all my preparation is for nothing.

Originally posted by AlienCG
On a different thread that is now closed there is mention of a Q & A session on their forum. It was scheduled for last night, but they conveniently had to close the forum for upgrade. That was my Q & A session, I called them out and Roberts and I scheduled it through PM. I was going to be asking the questions to both Roberts and Bachus, but it looks like all my preparation is for nothing.

lmao that just shows you how low these Infinium guys are, they just have 'crooked' writen all over them.

At least they could have a spine and answer some questions.

Originally posted by AlienCG

I was soo looking forward to the answers they might have been willing to post in said "interveiw". Started to wonder if it was a ruse when I saw two different dayes posted for it, one for THur. evening and the other for Fri. evening. Now they have completely closed the forums leaving little doubt in anyones mind (except the phanbois) as to their buisness ethics. Cant wait for it to return to see the phnboi drivel that comes from this.

It's WebTV for gaming. blah

Assume this project is viable and they are actually going to come out with it. Likelihood of success? ZERO. They don't have the capital, the industry support, or the pull that a company like Sony or Microsoft has. This project is stillborn either way.

Originally posted by ThreeDee
arent those "Phantom" consoles just rebadged old Compaq's?

More like rebadged Emachines with celeron 466's and 64 megs pc66.:D

Back