*** The Official [H]ard ORB ***

James Earl Ray said:
Congratulations I am glad I could help! :rolleyes:

Hehe, and what's THAT sposed to mean. :p

Hehe, jk......but seriously, once I finally get Win98se installed and working I'm gonna do that bare install of XP and leave it at DX8.1 for 3dmark2001 to get 'er up as high as possible. Yes, you heard right.....I'm doing a seperate partition and install of windows for 3DMark2001. The drivers that i use that I've found are best for 3DMark2001 are not the same as what I use for other tests.....so this will simplify thing greatly for me. ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
Hehe, and what's THAT sposed to mean. :p

Hehe, jk......but seriously, once I finally get Win98se installed and working I'm gonna do that bare install of XP and leave it at DX8.1 for 3dmark2001 to get 'er up as high as possible. Yes, you heard right.....I'm doing a seperate partition and install of windows for 3DMark2001. The drivers that i use that I've found are best for 3DMark2001 are not the same as what I use for other tests.....so this will simplify thing greatly for me. ;)

Read a little closer. If I didnt help screw up his hard drive, he wouldnt have reformatted and hit 30K. So there. :D

James Earl Ray said:
Read a little closer. If I didnt help screw up his hard drive, he wouldnt have reformatted and hit 30K. So there. :D

Nice, guess midnight is the point where I start "missing" things in posts and start only HALF paying attention to what I'm reading. :p

Nice, I still have to figure out which drivers I was running for my best score in 3DMark2001 before....but giving it it's own partition and leaving DX8.1 installed boosted my score by about 500, just over 26k now. :cool:

Gundamit said:
Dang! I see that FX-53 coming up in my rear view mirror!
:mad: Like that big truck in the movie Duel! :eek:

It's comin' alright.....with his video card more or less still at stock clocks he's got a LOT of room to go with that score yet. ;)

Got anything "in reserve" there bro? :p

cornelious0_0 said:
It's comin' alright.....with his video card more or less still at stock clocks he's got a LOT of room to go with that score yet. ;)

IM just worried about artifices at the moment im not getting any just worried if i go any higher ill damage my card prob is that we in the UK still cant buy these X800XT PE cards i ordered mine from america so im abit :rolleyes: worried about overclocking it to high but im getting there THX if i needed to format i would try it with directx 8.1 and different drivers that might help alittle.

snakebiteuk35 said:
IM just worried about artifices at the moment im not getting any just worried if i go any higher ill damage my card prob is that we in the UK still cant buy these X800XT PE cards i ordered mine from america so im abit :rolleyes: worried about overclocking it to high but im getting there THX if i needed to format i would try it with directx 8.1 and different drivers that might help alittle.

it should help more then a little, it will put you over 30k easily if you're on DX9 right now.

If you go slow enough you're really not in any danger of damaging the card. Either use ATITool to find your maximum artifact free overclocks for the core+ram or do it yourself, raising the core by 5MHz and running some benchmarks/games for awhile.....and if it checks out, raise it another 5MHz.....just a different approach.

if you either use ATITool for the overclocking or you go slow enough as I mentioned the card is NOT going to just up and die, and you should at least be able to squeeze a LITTLE more out of it without modding the card at all for more voltage. ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
It's comin' alright.....
I'm going to try pounding on the wheel of my Dodge Dart and scream "Com'on! Com'on!" and sweat a lot. Well it worked for Dennis Weaver. :p

cornelious0_0 said:
it should help more then a little, it will put you over 30k easily if you're on DX9 right now.

If you go slow enough you're really not in any danger of damaging the card. Either use ATITool to find your maximum artifact free overclocks for the core+ram or do it yourself, raising the core by 5MHz and running some benchmarks/games for awhile.....and if it checks out, raise it another 5MHz.....just a different approach.

if you either use ATITool for the overclocking or you go slow enough as I mentioned the card is NOT going to just up and die, and you should at least be able to squeeze a LITTLE more out of it without modding the card at all for more voltage. ;)

ATITool ill have to try it also i think ill have to start raising my core 540 at the mo THX 30.085 will be soon for Gundamit LOL :eek:

Gundamit said:
30,401 but that may be just about it. Still not too bad. I want to upgrade to dual channel 939 but I have to start saving for SLI set-up for Q1 '05. :mad:

Not bad at all, and good move on the upgrade choice, tough to say exactly when it'll all materialize, or when SLI will actually have the driver support it needs to succeed....but it sure will be something to save for. ;)

i'd still say your pretty darn safe at the 35k you have lol.. i don't think anyone is gonna get a 4000 point jump anytime soon ;)

centvalny said:
Well, James have to move a tad faster. SLI is ready to roll... :D

Yeah, except nobody REALLY knows when SLI is going to be a real option for the general public, and for now he's safe. ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
Yeah, except nobody REALLY knows when SLI is going to be a real option for the general public, and for now he's safe. ;)
Early Dec. It will be out at retail channel, unless someone can get a hold on early eng. sample or have Taiwan connection :D

As far as highend manucfactured components right now, Taiwan-Denmark axis is the way to go. At least, locally we still have corsair, PDP/Patriot, OCZ, Swiftech/DangerDen and those other Sunnyvalle, CA. companies. I wish Kyrotech will resume their Super G2 project.

Gundamit said:
30,401 but that may be just about it. Still not too bad. I want to upgrade to dual channel 939 but I have to start saving for SLI set-up for Q1 '05. :mad:

Nice score m8 :mad: your doing well :mad: i need to learn more about tweaks i heard one this morning about running 3Dm01 in a certain order ill have to see if it makes any difference but this benching comes down to how much you know about tweaking when you need a couple of hundred points im a NEWB to all this :confused:

IceWeasel said:
i'd still say your pretty darn safe at the 35k you have lol.. i don't think anyone is gonna get a 4000 point jump anytime soon ;)

On another forum i have seen 40K+ :eek: but it seems around 34k to 36k on that forum is average with 3Dmark01 :eek: and i cant even hit 30.000 :(

The high score right now is still 42,330 which is of course on behalf of Oppainter, one of the overclocking Gods of Xtremesystems. Check out his clocks and system specs to see what it takes. ;) :p

Seriously though, even though 30k is getting easier and easier to hit these days, it's still a nice accomplishment, kinda like 20k back in the day. :D

cornelious0_0 said:
The high score right now is still 42,330 which is of course on behalf of Oppainter, one of the overclocking Gods of Xtremesystems. Check out his clocks and system specs to see what it takes. ;) :p

Seriously though, even though 30k is getting easier and easier to hit these days, it's still a nice accomplishment, kinda like 20k back in the day. :D
VERY TRUE

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=8241586 30086 :D i am getting there funny one of the score i said to Gundamit i was going to get a few posts back still got to try real time yet hopefull ill be able to catch him 30401

12 X 210 HTT 540 / 594 Memory 5,2,2,2 1T on AIR cooling

cornelious0_0 said:
Congrats bro.....one more fellow [H]er over 30k is nice to see. Now I just gotta wait for two more weeks to go by so I can order my 3.2E, get it on my h2O, and see what it'll do. ;) :cool:

You WILL be going for top score then THX by the way i was begining to think i wouldnt hit it but :D im going to think of some more tweaks if there is any plus running at 540 / 594 i didnt get any artifacts at all so must be more in there :D

aoc007 said:
Very nice, I have seen 35k on air but maybe that was with an airconditioner :rolleyes:

Hehe, now wouldn't THAT be fun to lug around to a LAN.....trying to proclaim to others your godly "air" overclock with your back thrown out. :p

aoc007 said:
Very nice, I have seen 35k on air but maybe that was with an airconditioner :rolleyes:

Thats a point i do have a portable air condition unit i got the wife last year ill have to give that a try THX forgot about that ;)

Living "way up north" the coming winter weather is going to be my own AC, I might move the comp upstairs into the spare bedroom and crack the window one of these days this winter to see how the temps do. ;)

snakebiteuk35 said:
Nice score m8 :mad: your doing well :mad: i need to learn more about tweaks i heard one this morning about running 3Dm01 in a certain order ill have to see if it makes any difference but this benching comes down to how much you know about tweaking when you need a couple of hundred points im a NEWB to all this :confused:

No doubt you'll learn most of the tweaks. But I can't "learn" how to make my Claw DTR act like a FX CPU. So in the long run you'll be way beyond 30K while I'm still flogging my system for a few more points.

Right now my Claw DTR is at 34c idle 258x10 at 1.7v. I'm going to get it on water this weekend, but I doubt the temps will change much since the Thermalright 948u/Zalman 92mm fan combo is doing a great job. But at least I'll know for certain I've reached the natural (not temp related) limit of the CPU. Then I'll have to decide if I want to put my x800 at risk with a volt mod. Not sure I should strap on a diaper and just do it, or just get back to games and wait for the the SLI mobos to start showing up. :confused:

I'm going to get it on water this weekend, but I doubt the temps will change much since the Thermalright 948u/Zalman 92mm fan combo is doing a great job.

Hehe, there's your first mistake bro. ;)

34C is a decent idle, but the h2O is going to be capable of holding your idle temp MUCH closer to room temperature. Oh, and what's your max load temp right now? Before I moved to water my load temp at 3.5GHz /w 1.75v was up in the low 50's or upper 40's.....now my idle is 23C and my max load is 29C at those same clocks.....don't you tell me your temps won't change much. :p

Gundamit said:
No doubt you'll learn most of the tweaks. But I can't "learn" how to make my Claw DTR act like a FX CPU. So in the long run you'll be way beyond 30K while I'm still flogging my system for a few more points.

Right now my Claw DTR is at 34c idle 258x10 at 1.7v. I'm going to get it on water this weekend, but I doubt the temps will change much since the Thermalright 948u/Zalman 92mm fan combo is doing a great job. But at least I'll know for certain I've reached the natural (not temp related) limit of the CPU. Then I'll have to decide if I want to put my x800 at risk with a volt mod. Not sure I should strap on a diaper and just do it, or just get back to games and wait for the the SLI mobos to start showing up. :confused:

TRUE

I have another system upstairs which is

DFI lanparty XP M 2600 HIS X800XT 2X 512 XMS 3500 Thermalright 947u

ill have to give that a go but im not to sure about the DFI bios its got allot more to it than my ASUS A8V

Back