*** The Official [H]ard ORB ***

bubblethumper said:
Hmmm... condensation? Any idea what might have caused the premature death?

Interesting, can't remember if I heard of many people on XS going through any "extra" 875P-T's.....just trying to remember if this has come up much before with this board.

bubblethumper said:
Hmmm... condensation? Any idea what might have caused the premature death?
Doubt it was condensation, as I was diligent about checking. Maybe I shorted something with all of the poking around while it was on. Who knows?

Basically it either 1) starts up and shuts off just as the first post screen is completing or 2) doesn't even make a move when you hit pwr. I've eliminated everything else.

I was going the PCI-E route anyway, in anticipation of the 950's, but this was a little earlier than I had planned. :D

SLI results below

3dmark2001 = eva2000 - 34,313

3dmark2003 = eva2000 - 24,264

3dmark05 = eva2000 - 11,574

3dmark05_455-1210_11574_tn.jpg

bubblethumper said:
Pretty soon :D My room is gettin warm now, even with a/c @ max. At Vcore 1.78 Vapo reached its load limit. I wish that 'east coast' winter will come back to midwest ;) The good thing is @1.7 vgpu and chilled water this 850xtpe still can scale > 710 . Vmem still @ stock :D

centvalny said:
Pretty soon :D My room is gettin warm now, even with a/c @ max. At Vcore 1.78 Vapo reached its load limit. I wish that 'east coast' winter will come back to midwest ;) The good thing is @1.7 vgpu and chilled water this 850xtpe still can scale > 710 . Vmem still @ stock :D

Very nice bro.....when I get my shuttle up and running I'm gonna aim for an X850XT-PE AGP to add to the rig.....cus this is gonna be my SN95G5.....and with the Silencer (modded with OCZ copper ramsinks on the card) installed It'll even be fun to see what I can do by throwing the shuttle in the deepfreeze downstairs.....it won't be on water, but it'll still be fun, and I wanna see what I can do with an aircooled XPC.

You still inspire me though you guys (James and cent) and if I had the cash, yes...I would be jumping back into benching full force. Hell at this rate I'm not even 100% sure when I'll have my hands on an X850XT AGP, but at the very least I wanna pick up a lower end card just so I can get the Silencer installed and complete the look of the rig.

I guess I have to reworked my gpu block. I ran chilled water to prep for phase ;) So far this bba 850xtpe can withstand above 700 core. Still have to vmod mem. though..

VERY nice.....think you've got it in you to push that card any farther and reach for 8k? I hope so...that'd be pimp.....you can do it. :) :cool:

BTW, my system is still down, board still out for RMA, but I do have this preliminary score that I ran back in late March or early April: 7892.

I'm sure I can get this thing above 8000, but catching James might be hard. Still haven't gone above 1.775 volts on vcore or done the vddq.

no problesm with the cas on the gpu? the tec on mine kept whacking out the bios..had to go to h2o.

cornelious0_0 said:
VERY nice.....think you've got it in you to push that card any farther and reach for 8k? I hope so...that'd be pimp.....you can do it. :) :cool:

You can do it. You can do it all night long...... The Waterboy. (My standard response till Cent gets 8K)

Edit: Cent if I can get 8K and 17K I know you will blow my doors off. Where is the bottleneck? PM me and Ill give ya a few..... Well ya know. :D

Damn I need some speed. Even OC'd the card but the new 71.89 drivers are far slower than the 76.44's that I was using for my last score and the 71.89 score still came out lower....

Back