Votes: 4 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Not sure/don't care

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

cornelious0_0

[H]F Junkie
This has recently been brought to my attention, and as I had yet to come to a decision, I thought I'd see what some of you guys thought on the subject. Reasoning is not really that important, and while i am still in favor of leaving the thread the way it is, it's only fair to let everyone voice their own opinion....because switching over to only approved FM drivers would completely wipe out the entire 3DMark05 Top10, as each and every submitted project under 3DMark05 has been run with some form of non-approved driver. :p

Let me know what you think and post any questions or concerns you might have.

I don't think it should matter.

That is what makes benchmarking fun, IMO (finding ways to gain preformance out of the hardware you have sitting in front of you).

So, no. :)

bobsaget said:
I don't think it should matter.

That is what makes benchmarking fun, IMO (finding ways to gain preformance out of the hardware you have sitting in front of you).

So, no. :)

Which is moreso where I'm coming from with this. I don't actually give a lot of credibility to 3DMark tests at all, and the threads are only in place for a little fun competition, so I dont think it really matters. If somebody does post up a score that is obviously hacked or using altered drivers it will obviously not be submitted, as with the amount of time I spend staring at these numbers it's actually quite easy to pick out any shady results.

3Dmark has been spotty at getting drivers approved. To date, I think the only approved driver for nVidia is the 60.85 version for 03. Really old. If we went that route, the benchmarks shown would represent the state of affairs 3 months prior. We like to be on the leading edge, trying out all the new beta drivers, not being stuck with some "approved" buggy driver that's 3 month old.

i dont think it should matter, if a certain driver is getting me a better gain, i'm gonna use it!

Futuremark takes forever to approve ATI drivers. As long as they are ATI issue I have no problem with them. :D

Back