The Official [H]ard|Gaming Minecraft Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm doing the fill command which should reduce lag quite a bit the first time people login and start exploring. After it is done, I will open up the server to everyone! It is currently about 10% done.

Here are the plugins we'll be running for now:

MyHome - /home and /home set both work
MyWarp - I am the only one that can currently create warps, but the usual /warp name and /warp list
Spawn - /spawn works
Lockette - same as before
Dynmap - same address as before: http://mc.hard-gaming.org:8123

I'll add plugins as they become available and will post here when I do.

Was looking into doing some SMP minecraft. Can I get added to the new server when it is up?

Also dudewth I am getting an error message on the Dynmap page: "Web files are not matched with plugin version: All files need to be the same version (0.33-932)" Not sure if this is because I have NKdietrich's dynmap page up at the same time or if it is because the server isn't up yet.

Was looking into doing some SMP minecraft. Can I get added to the new server when it is up?

Also dudewth I am getting an error message on the Dynmap page: "Web files are not matched with plugin version: All files need to be the same version (0.33-932)" Not sure if this is because I have NKdietrich's dynmap page up at the same time or if it is because the server isn't up yet.

I'll add you.

I'm getting the same error now as well. I'll have to restart because I just updated the plugin but it's filling in the map so I can't yet.

Also, what's your minecraft name?

It's at 80% now. Once it finishes, I'll have to restart to make sure dynmap works. Then I'll remove the whitelist and restart again so that everyone can join. That final step will be the next time I post!

Should have specified, Erasmus354, same as forum name.

No problem! I added you.

OK now you can join. I'm backing up the server so it might be slightly laggy!

NOTE: If you build near spawn, and we end up keeping this map, your build may be moved. We will eventually have some sort of themed spawn area so just keep that in mind.

Hey, I have had lots of experience in Minecraft, I love what you guys have done with this server. May I join?
-Bird47

Hey, I have had lots of experience in Minecraft, I love what you guys have done with this server. May I join?
-Bird47

So long as you post up a Minecraft name, dude should add you to the build rights part no problem at all* :)

*I'm just purely guessing. I have no control over anything (not even the dirt hut I built...) but that's how it has generally been in the past.

so can the 1.1 map get uploaded please?
I have to look at my notes on how to rebuild my important things :D

Slacker, your dirt staircase had the unintended effect of allowing mobs to get to skycity. They're everywhere!

Slacker, your dirt staircase had the unintended effect of allowing mobs to get to skycity. They're everywhere!

Sounds like a cleansing is in order :p

Good mobs or bad mobs though? I didn't think they would climb up a hundred block staircase.

I'm about to take the server down. I'll be installing some new plugins and testing them out. Once that's done I'll open it back up.

I'll post again when it's coming back up!

OMG IS THE SERVER DOWN?!?

hah... no really... is it? ... lol.. jk... or am i?

I'm bored sorry. So, while we wait... anyone planning anything epic? group projects? team stuff?

How far should boosters be apart on track to keep the momentum goin?

I am going to build a jungle island with a large jungley tree in the middle.

I'm bored sorry. So, while we wait... anyone planning anything epic? group projects? team stuff?
I plan to... Need to get settled first and get a stockpile of stuff. I think I'll help nk with the spawn area more.
How far should boosters be apart on track to keep the momentum goin?
On a flat surface with three rails to start from a dead stop... every 3 for unoccupied carts, 38 for occupied carts.

Actually, I found out that they will in fact spawn up there. My kind of building that I started fills with creepers and such at night.

Well this is interesting... I built a nether portal up in SkyCity, and it ended up in a rather unusual place...

Futuristic city anyone?

Also, I'm a noob and need to re-watch Blade Runner. That is all. :p

Are Ghasts and Pigmen spawning up there?
Nope, perfectly clear as far as I can tell. You can hear them below though...

Another thing to note is it still has the 256 height build ceiling, so there's a good hundred blocks or so to build upwards.

definately should do a city there, enchant silk touch, get grass growing up there, plant trees... buildings..
would be awesome probably... hmmmm... interesting...

so dude , what are the new mods you installed?
Like rmd said, lavafurnace, portcullis and retractable bridge are the main ones. Also installed mcdocs (/help, /rules, /news and chat colors), logblock, antiguest, worldedit, simplewhisper, and safe creeper.

So, the commands and plugins people can use are:

safe creeper - i've disabled enderman picking stuff up and temporarily creepers destroying blocks
lavafurnace - same as before (let me know if it doesn't work)
portcullis - same as before
retractable bridge - same as before
lockette - same as before
/home - same
/warp - same (i will make warps but very sparingly)
/spawn - same
/pm [to] [message] - this is new, can do partial names in the [to] field and it shows your message unlike /tell
/rules
/news
/motd
/who
/help

Just wondering, when I had hosted everyone was just using Permissions 2.7/3 whatever... I noticed they split into several different perm plugins.. just curious on how they differ from the old ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back