The official ARMA 2 Thread, Watch these Videos and join the Hype!

I made a post recently asking about making of addons with the supplied tools and if the new tools\SDK package was released yet and there was some new mod there that locked me down. Funny, I'd been in that forum way longer than he has (since 2001). :D

Then there is good ol' Placebo. It's nothing personal, just in the summer time or for a US release the mods get tense. A lot of newcomers asking questions they might have answered already a few dozen times and believe or not a lot of the younger kids check out the OFP\ARMA\ARMA II games.

EDIT: WHERE IS THE DAMN DEMO?!?!
placebo use to piss me off in evo web but he got warned by the mods their and never pissed me off anymore :)

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevanc...873sh_arma-ii-factions-update-usmc_videogames

Seriously that is not in-game footage ? That a cut scene and no way the real game looks that good ? That blows...it did look too good to be true to expect a game with 128 players and giant maps to look that good, but I can dream

It's made with ingame footage that has been slighty edited,users have been doing the same with ARMA ( http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=list&cat=tu&type=cu )...ARMA2 just has better IQ:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFaR_bkygo4 (ARMA1 video)

EDIT:
Her is a little sample of options(sane or not) of the ARMA 1 editor(with mods).

Last edited:
The moderators lock topics because how the F many "when is the demo coming out ?" topics do you friggin need. That forum is one of the easiest to find infromation on of any game I've ever looked at because they moderate they way they do. There are so many mods and addons for these games that if people start their own thread everytime they have a question about a mod or whatever, there would be 60 billion topics. Half the time they lock them quickly because the same question was asked in topic 3 posts away.

Are you able to enter all those buildings and walk around them pretty freely. What happens when your in a section of a building were the supports give way?

Are you able to enter all those buildings and walk around them pretty freely. What happens when your in a section of a building were the supports give way?

i haven't seen a video yet where the structure gives way, just holes being blown out of the sides of buildings. can buildings collapse in ARMA2?

i haven't seen a video yet where the structure gives way, just holes being blown out of the sides of buildings. can buildings collapse in ARMA2?

Watch the first trailer where a tank fires at a building and it collapses.

how are you guys playing this?

german version is already out. rest of europe gets it this friday. a lot of people from NA are purchasing the german version and then applying an english text mod to it. theoretically, you could download the british version this friday and not have to mess with an english mod.

ouch, i just read the performance tests and it looks like its crysis x10 for slowdowns.
its a shame bis made it apparently almost unplayable.00000000000000000

it would be nice if it were a little easier on the performance side. as of right now CF and SLI don't seem to work either (only utilizes one gpu), so we're limited to single gpu configurations. basically the best you can do is a 4890 or GTX285, and even then you'll get low frames at medium/high settings. all of this is what i gather from reading the BIS forums, don't have firsthand experience to confirm any of it.

it would be nice if it were a little easier on the performance side. as of right now CF and SLI don't seem to work either (only utilizes one gpu), so we're limited to single gpu configurations. basically the best you can do is a 4890 or GTX285, and even then you'll get low frames at medium/high settings. all of this is what i gather from reading the BIS forums, don't have firsthand experience to confirm any of it.

yah, thats a big wet towel.

i skipped ARMA as i tried it on release and it was buggy as hell. worth playing again?

are you serious? I am using a 9800GX2 hopefully this is fixed with the new patch.

are you serious? I am using a 9800GX2 hopefully this is fixed with the new patch.

it's hit or miss. some people are claiming it works with the "-winxp" command line edit. several threads over there about it.

it's hit or miss. some people are claiming it works with the "-winxp" command line edit. several threads over there about it.

I figured those people don't know what they are talking about, also I am using windows 7 RC so maybe it will work.

Even if it is broken, you have to remember, this is BIS. They're a good company but they don't always get it right the first time. Expect improvements patch after patch and it will be supported like other games I could mention *cough L4D cough* ...

Droc said:
ouch, i just read the performance tests and it looks like its crysis x10 for slowdowns.
its a shame bis made it apparently almost unplayable.

Yeah, except there is a difference. Going downtown in the city, on one side of the street you have an art gallery. Nice to look at but that's about it. Not really functional. On the other side of the street is a nice upscale bar. You can actually go in, have a drink, and play shuffleboard, darts, and foosball with your pals. That's the difference.

Runs pretty decent on my 4770 with medium settings, ARMA II isn't a game where you need 200 FPS every second or else your wrist can't twitch to the CT's head while he's defusing the bomb and you lose the round.

ArmA does not currently have AA, but instead uses "fillrate optimizer" as you may know. At 200 % this makes the game so smooth with no jagged edges in sight, but the way it works, rendering at 2x your resolution and then downscaling to your monitor, gives a massive drop in fps.

They are looking in to including FSAA in the next patch, but they say that enabling the FSAA gives some problems with shadows.

Also people are complaining about excessive motionblur, bloom (see roof on the picture above) and DoF. This can be disabled by a mod that is already out.

Last edited:
Be adviced that I am nearing my Photobucket bandwidth limit so you may want to grab and host some of the pics.
I may also remove some. I will pu up some more pics later today.

Is this a multiplayer game like flashpoint or BF2 perhaps?

Multiplayer is where this game shines.
The singleplayer part is great for people who havn't dealt with ARMA before...and need to adapt away from the shot 'n (s)pray style that can be used in other games.

Back