The Nintendo DS Orchestra

I wouldn't never buy some crap like that.. i don't know man... at the moment the DS seems very gimicky to me.. i played metroid hunters on it.. it wasn't hat bad.. but also i'm not into portable gaming..

I ordered that game, it shipped yesterday. Its gonna be so sweet. 8 players, only need 1 cart, there's no region lock on it, there's a full fledged composer mode that lets you put 8 tracks down. For you folks that can't read and write music, you can be lame and hum into the DS and it will transcribe it. You can then share your songs with other DSs to play.

I've already arranged an 8 piece setting for the opera in 6, once I get the game, its time to input that badboy.

i'd rather make my own music with mu guitar ,bass, keyboard.. and buddy that plays drums..

anyway i think that wuold be more fulfilling.. not to be a dick...

so it the DS really worth it??

Sounds like I-IV-V fest, all open chords, yay.

I'd rather compose something then "jam" with people who arne't familiar with theory. Everytime I've "jammed" as a keyboardist, I end up following the same chord progressions because its all the guitarists has in his head.

I don't carry manuscript paper with me all the time, especially on the train or at work, but my DS is with me. If the muse hits me and I write the stuff down, I won't be able to read it later cause my ledger lines are always really messy.

If you have no interest in DS games, I still think the DS is worth it, the screen is back lit unlike the SP's LED. It looks a hundred times better.

Fuck. You made sense to me with that post...kinda. You have no idea how many times I'm at work and a fantastic bassline comes rolling through my head, but I don't have any way to play it so that I remember it.

I still can't justify spending the money on something like that, expecially if that's the only thing I'd do with it. Maybe I should just install a softsynth on my laptop and carry that with me everywhere.

For what it's worth, I'd still rather play live instruments than something like that.

twyztyr said:
Fuck. You made sense to me with that post...kinda. You have no idea how many times I'm at work and a fantastic bassline comes rolling through my head, but I don't have any way to play it so that I remember it.

I still can't justify spending the money on something like that, expecially if that's the only thing I'd do with it. Maybe I should just install a softsynth on my laptop and carry that with me everywhere.

For what it's worth, I'd still rather play live instruments than something like that.

Oh I would too, I'd rather play the piano then play with AnalogX Virtual Piano. I'd also want to write my scores out on ledger paper. However, using the stylus to write notes on the ledger is goin' to be sweet. The people I'll play this game with are not musicians, not a lick of musical ability in em, but they can play games like Donkey Konga.

I don't have the luxury of knowing a cello player, 2 violinists, an oboe player, a flute player, and a grand piano available to me, so I'll take whatever I can get when it comes to composing. Hell, its hard enough to get a soprano/alto/bass together for an hour to do some stuff. :\

Even the guitar players on campus are mostly useless to me. The ones who can read music are always busy, and all the other ones can only read tabs which is useless to me. So the DS may have to be my new guitar player... lol.

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
i'd rather make my own music with mu guitar ,bass, keyboard.. and buddy that plays drums..

I hear ya, but you gotta give him credit though :)

and yes, DS is worth it, imho

oh man that was awesome

i'm secretly hoping i get a DS for christmas, if not, I'll just buy one later.

3 mo/1 week till what?

i <3 my ds. i like frequently checking www.themodgods.com also for tunneling updates.

1 team already missed their deadline the other says they will have ds wireless online multiplay by christmas.... :eek:

lmao, this is terrific

edit: i have one, and its awesome. definatly worth the money

Ok, that was really long and incredibly boring.

However, Full Metal Alchemist is a cool show.

Yea that's what I don't understand why everyone thinks the video is cool. I thought it sucked since it sound like nobody was actually playing or keeping up with the song. Kinda like really drunk asians sing bad karaoke Elvis songs. Now the software for the DS seems good if it works like everyone is saying. Rushing out to buy a DS after seeing that video would make me want to kick my own ass. :p

i guess william hung wasnt a unique asian then... they all dont have rythm?
haha

I guess it has more to do with the FMA music more than the actual game

them asians looked odd for some reason.. but i admit you gotta have some talent to pull that off, and i liked the song! sounded cool :cool:

RancidWAnnaRIot said:

I think they feel the same way, but come on... They created a DS orchestra. That's pretty creative no matter how you look at it. They're not trying to take themselves seriously, they're not trying to go triple-Platinum. They're just execs with Gameboys and nothing better to do. Aah, capitalism at work.

Back