The NewEgg banner at the top... ^^^

bobsaget

Supreme [H]ardness
I was wondering how you guys get money for that. Is it EVERYTIME we click on it? Or is it ONLY if we click on it AND buy something?

Thanks.

Its not a pay-per-click per say, its more of a tracker for newegg to know if its worth their money to keep paying kyle to run their ads. Its more of a tracker to know if someone from here actually buys from them.

is there anyway to change the banner to a non shockwave format, its quite annoying when browseing from a work computer with restrictions against installing shockwave, everytime you load a page it asks you to either save or load the file.

that happened to me also. each time a new page loaded i had to do that. I just went and got a flash 7 plugin from macromedia and then when the option popped up select always use this action. I had Flash MX 2004 and it was loading with that each time and it would create a new page for each Newegg banner so i had tons of pages open. I installed the flash 7 plugin and it works just fine now.

oops nevermind, i must have skiiped over the part about the restriciotns on shockwave

Loki008 said:
is there anyway to change the banner to a non shockwave format, its quite annoying when browseing from a work computer with restrictions against installing shockwave, everytime you load a page it asks you to either save or load the file.

Buy general mayham access and its gone :)

Regime|Life said:
Buy general mayham access and its gone :)

Hell it was worth the $15 not to have see that anymore. ;) The Genmay reg is just a bennie. :D

Bad_Boy said:
is it me. or does newegg look different today?
Psh, as if you couldn't tell they were going to eventually do a revamp of their site when they first changed the way the viewitem & shopping cart looked/acted.

Does [H]ard get points for the amount of purchase if we click the banner, or just points if we order something or not.

I'm about to drop about $2k in a system there, and I need to know whether to put it all in one basket or make 10 seperate orders. :D

If I bookmark the [H]ard|OCP referral link, does NewEgg still register a [H] hit or do they also look at the http referrer?

Back