The new task scheduler in windows is terrible

Red Squirrel

[H]F Junkie
WTH is that crap? Trying to create a task in win7, what a piece of garbage. Overly bloated interface with nothing actually useful. I just want to make a script run at a certain time. I don't even see an option to set a time or condition. When I click ok I have no idea where it even went. Why does MS always crappyfy stuff that worked fine before? /rant

new.... new task scheduler? New task scheduler in Windows 7? Has Microsoft upgraded Win7 Task Scheduler since Windows 7 was released 7 years ago? Or is "new" referring to something that's 7 years old?
Never did seem all that difficult to me...

I thought all of the GUI based Windows Task Schedulers were terrible. I found it easier to use the command line, especially for a simple task...

schtasks /create /sc daily /tn "Some Task Name" /tr c:\path\programname.batexe /st 03:00

The Task Scheduler has looked the same pretty much since the XP days. The Task Manager on the other hand has changed significantly from Windows 7 to Windows 8/8.1/10.

new.... new task scheduler? New task scheduler in Windows 7? Has Microsoft upgraded Win7 Task Scheduler since Windows 7 was released 7 years ago? Or is "new" referring to something that's 7 years old?
Never did seem all that difficult to me...

Wow has it really been 7 years? Time goes by fast. I still consider windows 7 new.... but we just moved from XP. I would imagine the GUIs are probably even more terrible in 8/10. Everything is dumbed down to the point that it's way harder to find what you're looking for. I can't stand using windows 8 or 10. 10 is somewhat more bearable than 8 though. I just find it's hard on the eyes because of all the white with gray text that is fuzzy and pale. Maybe I'm just old. I just want my Windows Classic back.

Either way I managed to get done what I wanted, it just took way more effort than it would have in XP or Linux, this was just a rant more than a plea for help. :p

Back