The new logitech MX518!

dreadster

Limp Gawd
Logitech is releasing a new mouse. The so called G-series (for Gamers) - MX518.
Looks like MX510 but will have new optics and 1600 DPI. Man can't wait to get this thing.

2.JPG

1.JPG

3.JPG

PS I've noticed that this mouse is tested on one of the Steelpads. Logitech has chosen a real 1337 surface for test!

They need to add the ability to do that with the 510 cuz it has the same damn buttons. I ain't gonna upgrade my mouse for a diff color and being able to change the sens with two buttons i already have on my own mouse. meh

This is dumb... the 510 is a "gaming" mouse and now the new "gaming" mouse. And you're right, I am not gonna spend another chunk of change to have a new feature I could have now.

true dat, the MX500 is more than i ever asked for in a mouse, and i see no need to upgrade.

i gotta get a new mouse, when are these due out?

in the meantime, ill just use my optical mouse that double clicks when I click once, and somehow moves to the left of the screen while im holding it :eek:

And btw, its not so much that you need more DPI...its that you need to tweak the response time. I've seen articles on using a hex editor on the usb driver and it can improve tracking nicely. Hence you can prolly make a cheapo generic optical play just about as good as an mx.

this is a joke right? what a crock of shit...

they would be better off making the new laser tracking technology available in a wider range of mice. Especially ambidexterous designs.

By the way I think this is a fake. Look at the picture of the top of the mouse. The casing is all dented up and shit. He's pulling our collective leg surely???

When logitech releases more mice I imagine they'll be built with the same ergonomics of the MX1000. Not the previous series.

Sir-Fragalot said:
When logitech releases more mice I imagine they'll be built with the same ergonomics of the MX1000. Not the previous series.

Personally i think that is retarded if they do. They are alienating a lot of people. Left handers mainly but also righer handers who simply dont like the design of the MX1000.

So now we have to upgrade our mouse every year now? Heh, I will be fine with my MX500. ;)

looks like somebody had fun with that mouse.

hammer + mouse = :eek:

is that mouse really dented or is it the graphics?

The mouse is not dented, its the contoured pearlly graphics of the button cover that make it
look uber leet.

probuiltmx510.jpg

As far as the design is compared to the MX1000, at the Ascendancy Lan, where I got my MX518
my friend bought one and I have to say that to me the MX1000 feels smaller even though it
looks fatter. Also the texture of the buttons dont have that shiny slickness that the 510's
have so to me my finger tips feel like the "grip" the buttons better.

The side buttons feel a little too busy for me, but thats because I'm used to the 510 and
MS Intelli Explorer.

I would go suggest that mice companies who want to target us gamers, provide not only
the USB->PS2 port adapter, but also include extra/teflon feet, hell bundle the things with
a decent mouse surface.

even if this isnt a crock of shite, its still just a ripoff of the Diamondback, which is a 100 times better mouse than this one ever could be. Razer had on-the-fly sens changing over 4 years ago, and has had better mice than logitech since the first boomslang came out.

Well the 510 was Logitech's first attempt at a "gaming" mouse and I tend to think it did fairly well. Razor has been making gaming mice for how long? Yeah. And I seem to remember they just recently made the switch to optical. But I have yet to try it. I don't game as much anymore so I'm not gonna worry about it. meh

Meh. I have an MX500 and I will more then likely keep this baby until it breaks in half. :D

jabronidan said:
Meh. I have an MX500 and I will more then likely keep this baby until it breaks in half. :D

Have fun with that thing for life :p

For the dude who purchased the MX518, how much did you get it for?

Focussss!!! Focusss!!!
Was I the only one that had trouble trying to read those pictures... whatever, I'm going with the mx510 either way. :)

seems neat, might get it as a backup mouse to finally [maybe] replace my MS Optical

Nah, MX500 is perfect for gaming, I've tried both the latest Razer, MX510 and MX1000 and all I can say that it's up to skill... I wonder why I usually beat the crap out of the "pro" gamers with steel, func, etc. pads, teflon bands and some uber-l33t 1600 dpi mice, and I am using my almost 2 years old MX500 with regular black cloth pad... Not to mention some friends, who still play Quake and UT with simple ball-mice and are g0dz.
I must say that a good ingame sens configuration is much more important - the rest it up to training and getting accustomed to the settings. A mouse can only improve your game, not make it. So it's funny to talk how you gonna replace ur MX510 for example, for this one, only because you've read that it's better. The only thing to consider when buying a new mouse is how it feels in your palm... so Diamond, MX300/500/1000/ - it's the same when we talk about game performance - the rest is up to you.

Saying all that from pure experience, nothing more...

Razer DiamondBack claims to have 7 buttons, are they:

Left
Right
Wheel up
Wheel down
Wheel click
Left side
Right side

?

This seems to be to specifically targeting the razer diamondback.

Syphon Filter said:
Personally i think that is retarded if they do. They are alienating a lot of people. Left handers mainly but also righer handers who simply dont like the design of the MX1000.

The same thing can be said for the MX500/700/900 series. They have the same right handed only design.

Besides I know alot of left handed people who have learned to use mice in thier right hands. Just because your left handed doesn't mean you can't perform certain tasks with the right.

..............and left handed players can use right handed scissors and vice versa.. :D

Re4p3r said:
..............and left handed players can use right handed scissors and vice versa.. :D

im lefthanded but i use mouse righthanded .. using lefthanded mice and scissors feels soooooooo wierd :eek:

I got mx700 and mx510 for gaming 700 first and when it goes low batt i go with 510.... In my opinion tho I think corded mice still a bit better than cordless..

If MX518 is really better than 510 maybe I'll go for one then send my 510 to my bro in the Phils..

And I agree with the other guy gamerz who uses balled micel are the 733T gOdz

The Razor Boomslang was a piece of crap. It was worse than a $5 Comp USA brand mouse when it came to build quality. The erognomics of a turn fresh out of the toilet would have been better. That would have at least had a comfortable grip even though a bit slushy feeling.

The Razor Diamondback is another cheaply built mouse with bad ergonomics. But the quality has improved some. It's not quite the pile of crap the original was. Although it is uglier.

For another thing. I don't believe this MX518 is real at all. A dented mouse with the same exact design as the MX500? Not even the 510. It's silver like the MX500. I smell something thick and wet and full of half chewed peanuts.

The Not for Resale stuff leads me to believe it was an MX500 prototype if anything. If Logitech makes any new corded mouse designs, it will either be completely new design or it will be a corded MX1000. I would also be surprised if they didn't start to all go to lasers like the MX1000 did.

Back